Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

I stole this from Puddles's thread.

Watermelon Penguin: Fruitart, Watermelonowl, Watermelon Owl, Summer Parties, Watermelon Art, Watermelon Carvings, Fruit Art, Foodart, Food Art

Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's 61 degrees here, raining and there are 29 MPH winds.  Hmmm, feels like fall.  I spent a couple of hours purging clothing and my jewelry following some new method that asks if a piece sparks joy.  I don't know why I can't remember the name of the method, but I remember sparks joy.  I'm hoping the Salvation Army will make some money, especially off the sterling silver I donated, to be able to help somebody.

Some of the bracelets bought from QVC years ago for dirt cheap I didn't remember I had.  It's not like I had an armoire full - just mostly wear the same pieces all of the time.

I feel good :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

61 degrees really sounds great to me! I wish!!! Would also like some rain, breezes and so on. Everyone is suffering in this not normal heat and humidity. Really bad. Had to break down and put some water on some of my lilacs - will do some more today. They had shriveled up to nothing. This just makes me insane. Some people - it appears - are suffering no loss in their plants, etc - I sure am. I also now have a yard full of ground squirrels. I was invaded by them a couple years ago but they were absent last year. They are back with a bang. Am assuming that is what I have - course the gophers are still here but these are holes with no dirt - that is typical ground squirrel. Needless to say we never got the thunderstorms predicted for us. Sigh. sure would have been nice.

Starting in the afternoon yesterday there was only me and the critters here. Sure saved a lot on a lot of things. Did not turn the AC on until very late in the day and TVs were not running, Fridge not opened every 5 minutes - and so it went. Sure makes a difference. Needless to say the peace and quiet was perhaps number one on my list - sheer heaven.

Am in trouble with Don's two pooches - I did not get them a treat yesterday. They were out barking a couple times and glaring over here. They have my number but I  just did not make it across the street. Will definitely try and make amends today. Those two rescues are sure cute and really mouthy. Like Don said, however, I caused the problem by starting to give them a treat each day so when I am late or something, they let me know

Ice tea time - so am leaving some for whomever stops by. Betty hurry as it will not last long. Can't come up with anything to nibble on except ice cream and it would melt in a minute. LOL.  Do hope all have a great day.

Honored Contributor

Freddie - If only I had the power to push day long rain events your way.  It's breezy and partly sunny - sun comes as goes as the clouds allow it.

I'm so glad you had a afternoon of peace.  God knows, you deserve it.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was 90 degrees when we came back from lunch after worship services. We decided to go to a Mexican restaurant that also serves American food. A car backed out just as we pulled in to the packed parking lot. I opted for chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy and salad.and corn. Food not bad, but I brought half of it home and it may or may not be eaten for my dinner. Jim had a combination plate and practically inhaled it!

Bernie, did your baby enjoy his birthday celebration? Loved the watermelon owl. Very cute!.

I just got a message saying 'sorry, they could not provide the action I asked for".....don't know what I was asking for, but apparently I ain't gonna get itSmiley Sad

Just turned on the TV and see that the escaped convict has been shot and captured; know the inhabitants in that area are breathing a sigh of relief!

Ahhh solitude, Freddie! I'm sure it's something you greatly covet. I know I don't have to tell you to enjoy!

Happy First Day of the Week all! Sue

Honored Contributor

@Queenofo2 wrote:

I just got a message saying 'sorry, they could not provide the action I asked for".....don't know what I was asking for, but apparently I ain't gonna get itSmiley Sad

Oh Sue, the forum tells me that too.  It usually happens when I am typing and not touching anything key other than a letter.  I ignore it - I think the system has a brain far- every once in a while.

Respected Contributor

He He - I too have gotten several of those messages. Must be from outer space.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Weather wise was perfect here yesterday. We had had quite a storm Saturday and had debris all over the yard. Looks like the neighbor two houses down lost a bunch of siding. Nobody else did. He's on vacation so maybe the guy who is mowing his lawn is trying to fix something. It isn't working. It took most of Sunday afternoon to get stuff up and bagged. It was all oak leaves and twigs and we don't have an oak tree.
So to treat ourselves we made a trip to dq in pm. Boy have you tried that stuffed cookie. Yummy.
Honored Contributor

Betty, we had rain all day with 29MPH winds on Saturday.  If I didn't look at the calendar, I would have sworn in was September, late September :-)

I had a bunch of twigs, pine cones and walnuts to pick up in the yard on Sunday, but at least the grass dried out enough Saturday night for me to cut the grass. 

It's been a long time since I been to DQ - my favorite was the peanutbuster parfait.

Respected Contributor

Ohhhhhhhhh, you people talking about wet weather. Sigh.

Continuing to be just miserable here and each day just gets worse. Sunday thought sure we would get some rain, and we did, perhaps three drops. When I got out of church in Beaumont it was sprinkling pretty good but did not last more than a couple minutes. So humid yesterday I had such a hard time breathing - 108 here at my house. That is miserable when it is that hot, you cannot use water to cool off your lawn - what lawn???, can't use water for anything quite frankly. Had all three ACs running and it was still not too comfy inside. To be honest I do not turn them on high, but even so I rarely have had to run all three at one time. And it appears we may have this the entire summer - cannot believe it. I could handle the temp quite frankly but it has been the humidity that makes it so very bad. And to think I moved here from New Orleans to escape the muggy air there. Well I did have at least about 40 years of nice dry air here. Man Sad

Poor Conrad, so much of my once gorgeous back lawn has turned to straw and it bothers him when he walks across it. Guess he has sensitive feet and even he searches for a comfy place out there. What are you suppose to do when you also have animals? He is miserable out there but it is necessary he go out.  And speaking of sore feet there are still idiots out walking their animals in this weather - on cement. That has always made me very angry. Difficult to understand how some people can be so utterly dumb

Spoiler
otherwise known as idiots