Honored Contributor

Today is my beloved bird Poppi's 10th birthday.  Help yourself to some cake

Here's a picture of my old guy.  I took the picture about a week and a half ago.  He doesn't like the camera and I'm lucky I got this shot LOL

Poppi.jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

Hey I said HB to Poppi on another thread - at this time not sure which one it was. LOL. Was not aware it had been that long since I had stopped by - have had no time on my hands so to speak. I will be glad next month when we have ONE Back Fence and ONE Birds Nest. That is the way it should be in my opinion due to the great people who started both threads eons ago. One has passed and one still is with us but not on the boards. Super ladies, both. Course the Back Fence was started by a real feisty older lady - soooo funny.

Betty, I know MGH was the first to pass but cannot remember if Mary followed her or if it was Mary's husband. Do know they are all gone but just cannot remember the order. I do recall it all happened quickly - so very sad.. For the info of others who may not know, MGH started the Back Fence and Mary was her daughter - both posted frequently.

Am leaving a bucket of ice water - mostly ice cubes. REason for that is the cubes are going to melt quickly as it is, so it will be better than just sitting out chilled water - what a waste that would be.

Going to be super muggy - doubt if we will have any rain however. Sky is full of clouds and occasionally the sun disappears. Actually would prefer the sun stasy gone in these temps.

The fires in the hills in front of me has accelerated quickly - ALL BECAUSE OF STUPID PEOPLE FLYING DRONES. Yep, a drone was up yesterday and if I recall it was about 22,000 feet and interfered with two of the firefighting big planes as they were starting their approach to drop retardant. There were three up there but two had to land and stop fighting the fires. That drone could have killed everyone in all the planes. Am praying they get whoever launched it. The third plane stayed up trying to locate the drone landing - it did not do it but bet anything someone - I HOPE - will rat them out. That is just horrible. Fire completely out of control now but they are back to attacking full force but you know they are being more cautious just in case another idiot drone is up there. They did spot another drone at 700 feet and I have a hunch they know exactly where that one is. By the way, the altitude max for drones is 400 feet. Can you believe the stupidity of this?

Hope all have a very good day.

Honored Contributor

Freddie - I posted about Poppi on three threads.  I have no idea who is going to which thread so I covered my bases (lol).

I'm looking forward to one Back Fence and one Birds Nest myself.  Easier to keep in touch with the regulars.  Of course, visitors are always welcome too.

Are things with Tessa smoothing out?  It's a sensitive subject so if you don't way to say, I completely understand.

Honestly!  These people and their drones.  Probably men who had radio controlled air planes and helicopters as kids and can now afford the technology. :-(

Trusted Contributor

Well we have yet another storm moving in. If we could just spread this around.
Happy Birthday Poppi, thanks for the cake
Freddie, I think it was Mary's husband second and then Mary. Mary was a little Dynamo She took after her mother. It's hard to believe they were all gone in such a short time. Wonder how she would handle the new bbs. I'm sure she'd have plenty to say
I miss the old time posters but I'm enjoying the new friends. Life goes on

Respected Contributor

I so agree Betty, I am delighted with all the new friends we have made but cannot forget those who started all of this. I thought it was Mary's husband who followed her Mother - cannot remember his name -  and then Mary - so very quickly. That MGH was perhaps one of the funniest and fiestiest posters I recall. She was a pistol.

This is so irritating - on the Smiley Surprisedld" boards, har de har - we could see the other posts when posting - wishg we still could as sometimes I want to refer to something in what I am posting and I cannot find it. Really dumb!!! And yes, these new boards were done by the same company that did the boards for HSN - no wonder they are both a bit weird. Too much white space in these boards and to me it is just way too much wasted space. Ahhhhhhh for the old days when we could find posts AND people so very quickly. Did not need all the fancy gadgets. Well I don't. Right now here is this sign above - in red - saying Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested. Was not aware I requested any thing. OK, now it disappeared.

This is progress??

Am fixing packaged Orange chicken, sweet potato fries AND broccoli for dinner - all easy cooking since I do NOT have to peel, turn the oven on, cut or much of anything else. While I am not a big fan of packaged foods to this extent, sometimes it works just great. Horribly humid - little sun but you cannot breathe outside. Would swear I was back in New Orleans.

Hope all had a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Freddie, click on view discussion in a popup. You can seecwhatvyouvare replying to
Respected Contributor

Lordy mercy. I just spent a bit of frustrating time trying to find a pop up. FINALLY GOT IT. Once I opened up a reply there it was View discussion in a popup. Then I scrolled down and saw all the posts. This stinking board is just way to difficult for this old lady. Am I the only dumb one here? Thanks Betty - I was looking for a pop up, was going to click on pop up and then click on view discussion - did not realize it was all in one sentence. Groan.. What can I say.

Regular Contributor

Well, hope this gets posted where it's supposed to. I just don't understand this new board and I don't like this new board........so there!Smiley Mad

Jim bought me a wireless mouse and a new mouse pad. I love the mouse and also the pad; my old one was in tatters, but I liked the way it allowed my mouse to move so had been hanging on to it for literally years.

Finally went ahead and ordered a new remote control for my TV. I had searched high and low and couldn't find it. I'm sure it'll show up as soon as the new one arrivesSmiley Frustrated

Happy birthday to your ten year old fine feathered friend! And what a beautiful cake, and I have to ask does it have bird seed in it which would seem like a nice thing to doWoman LOL

Q's website is still not working right for me. Apparently I'm gonna have to live with it as the problem has not been resolved.

Happy Friday all! Sue

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Freddie I'm glad you found the view in popup. I should have said after you hit reply
Queen, we could get the hang of this bb if it always worked the same way. What works one day may not work the next
Honored Contributor

Freddie, Sue and Betty - just when I think I have the forums figured out, I realized that I don't.   For example, I set for messages to appear as read once I read them.  So, once I read a thread, it does look like it was read.  When I go to another part of the the forum and come back, it's looks unread and the corker is - nobody new posted on the thread.  I think I have to chalk it up to my famous - If I live to be 90, I'll never understand it file (lol).