Respected Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone. Wanted to stop by for a minute as I have a super busy and emotionally challenging morning ahead. Briefly, Tessa got into some trouble some months back and her little boy has been in  Foster Care with friends. Must be careful how I say this but I find it horribly wrong that some agencies have so much clout they can say anything they wish and quote people they have never spoken to, etc. At any rate we are trying to get some things cleared up. Facts are one thing, embellishments are another. Am upset over all of this but it has to be done.We sure need prayers.

We anticipate another super hot and muggy day - not really looking forward to that either. LOL. The experts said yesterday we may have Thunderstorms on Fri and Sat - don't hear or see that anywhere this morning. Sigh.

Hope all have a great day.

Forgot to add we continue to miss our lovable Stripes. That cat just wormed his way into everyone's hearts, ours and the entire neighborhood.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

[ Edited ]
Freddie, praying and hoping that they will consider what is best for HIM! Take care of yourself today.
Honored Contributor

Hugs to you Freddie and I echo Betty in praying for an outcome that is favorable for Tessa's litte boy.  I hope that the facts come out and decisions are not made based on hear-say.

This is the last thing you need Freddie - please take care of yourself.

Hi there Betty :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Wednesday Back Fencers Man Happy

I contacted the gas company (third time in two days - grrr) to give the appliance repair plan people the model number and name of my gas dryer.  The thing is working, just stopped giving me any warm air yesterday morning.  Since it's summer and line drying is available to me on weekends and since the dryer will eventually dry out a load (after 3 hours of blowing cool air - lol), I picked a service date of July 3rd (my next day off - corporate holiday).

They could have come to the house as early as tomorrow, but I'm not taking a day off to sit and wait for the repairman to show up.

The weather is beautiful here today - sunny, breezy and no more than 81 degrees.  I left some windows open in the house before I left for work.  They have people tarring the roof of the elementary school in the big property behind my house, so tar smell might waft in, but should air out in the evening.

That's all I got here - what's happening with you?

Honored Contributor

Back Fence for June 2015

[ Edited ]

Well, the social team has added a topic in the Welcome Get Started bubble about breadcrumbs.  You are not going to believe what they are.  I couldn't get a screen shot of it.  I'll explain it in English.

When you have the thread open, look to the upper left corner of the page.  You should see, left to right:

QVC: Forums & Blogs: Forums: Among Friends: Back Fence for June 2015 or whatever the name of the thread is.

That is considered a breadcrumb.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015

Having said that, up they popped. Maybe it took longer cause my nick starts with Y
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
This Is weird. The post I posted before the last one went to cyber heaven I guess. I posted that I didn't have those crrumbs on my mini iPad and that it was discrimination. Then lo and behold they appeared. Lol
Honored Contributor

Betty, I've been looking at what they call breadcrumbs all this time (think they were in the last forum too) and never knew that's what is was called.

I guess I was looking for little things, well, like crumbs (lol).

Trusted Contributor

Ok. So what are the three dots called. I could have sworn they called those some kind of crumbs. Guess I best go read a bit. Might learn something
Honored Contributor

Betty I have no idea what the dots are called (lol).   I know that I click on them to edit or delete a post.  Maybe we should call them eraser dots?

I think it's just you and me holding the fence up these days :-).  That's okay, I like your company and have every confidence Epi will find us and Freddie will return periodically.

When Epi comes to the new forum, she just may think she landed up in the Bermuda Triangle :-)