Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015

I'm using my computer this morning and find that the screen doesn't jump when I use reply like it does with my IPad.  I still don't see where you can change the color of your ink.  We still have a lot to learn don't we.  Adding all those different categories is going to make it hard to find stuff but I guess eventually we will sort it all out.  I was enjoying going through some places that I don't normally go but when it gets so sub divided, I find I don't look.

I do think we have to give the tech people a pat on the back for keeping at it even with all the negative stuff they've listened too.  I do with it had been tested more before it was launched but maybe that is not possible  Whatever, it does seem to be looking more familiar.

We went to church this morning and the kids did a chilcrens Bible school program.  It wasn't very well put together but you have to laugh at the kids when they are so earnest and happy

Then we went out to a restaurant that I've been wanting to try but hadn't made it there yet.  Our Son in law hosted lunch.  I decided to order ravioli but I guess I didn't read the menu very well.  It had some tomato in the stuffing but it had a sweet sauce of some kind over it with raisins.  It was not ravioli like I know it at all.  Most everyone else had steaks which they said were very good.  

Dessert brough carrot cake.  I did not realize ice cream came with it.  The piece of cake was big enough for four, well maybe two,  It was very good but very rich and I ended up bringing it home.

Now Merle and I are just vegging out.  It is beastly hot here today and humid - my on my, you could cut it with a knife.  Rain supposed to move in (what else is new here).   Merle got some coupons for car washes which he loves to get and also coupons for the DQ which he also loves.   It was a nice time with two of our Grandchildren there along with Miss Natalie our Great Granddaughter and of course my daughter and her husband who hosted the event.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Yock, my screen stopped jumping on the computer a few days in.  It still kind of jumps when I access the forums from my phone. 

If you want to change the color of your text, you can only do that each time you post.  If you look at your text box when you are typing, to the right of Font Sizes, you should be seeing the letter A .  When you click on that, you can change the color of your text.

I think it's wonderful anytime children put on some kind of program.  You can see them trying to so hard and just want to hug them.

I nearly gagged when I read about ravioli with raisins on it or in it (Yuck!)

When it comes to carrot cake - sign me up :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the color info......hadn't even noticed that option.

Sounds like a nice lunch, Betty. Sorry your choice wasn't up to par but I'm with Bernie when it comes to carrott cake!!!Smiley Wink

We have dish and I have always used their remote control rather than the one that came with my TV which I now need and cannot findWoman Sad For some reason I cannot control the contrast with my dish remote control and my picture is so dark I cannot see some shows and it is frustrating to say the least.. I have looked in every drawer and cupboard and box and have discovered a multitude of remote control's, but none of them are for my TV. I 'know' I did not throw it away so I've stashed it somewhere and am sure I'll find it when I no longer need it.

I did find a gazillion pictures I enjoyed looking through, tossing some and deciding I'm going to be sending some to friends and my brother and let them figure out what to do with them.

Wish I hadn't lost Epi's e mail address, I'd e mail her and send her our new BB addy......assuming she may have lost us in the BB shakeup which reminds me, I still can't order/shop online Woman Mad and while I'm griping, I'll add I don't like the new emoticon's Cat Mad  what mental giant came up with a mad cat???

OK, rant over.

Happy Sunday evening all! Sue

Honored Contributor

Sue, I get so frustrated with myself when I misplace something.  The other day I couldn't find my eyeglasses.  I had to stop myself and say, look, you didn't go outside and the bird didn't take them, slow down Bernie and retrace your steps.  Of all places, they were on top of the dryer.  Now why in the heck did I take my glasses off when I was putzing with laundry?

I will continue to keep threads going here in the Among Friends part of the community in the hope that Epi finds us.  I think I remember her saying she was going to Bermuda - or am I cracking up?

Trusted Contributor

I think you are right about Epi. Looks like Among Friends is thinning out a bot as people find their comfortable place

After I posted my picture I decided that wasn't a very good idea but darn if I could figure out a way to delete it.

The color thing would be kinda fun but I still don't have a message box with options

Now tell me what did we get outbof this new upgrade. Better security. If all the sub titles are still going to be there it isn't streamlined. Which is fine if that's what the users want It seems like some things we did easily before like viewing history are harder and I still don't get why we can't have a keep me signed in button.
But things will eventually iron out I'm sure. Just glad that a lot of posters have remained and I'm especially glad to have the help of so many with more computer savvy
Speaking of computer savvy, I wandered over to electronic bbs and didn't see Gail. I can't believe she isn't there. Maybe she changed her name
Honored Contributor

If you want to delet the pic of you and your sisters, then go back to the post with the pic in it.

Hit the three grey dots in the upper right hand corner of that post and you will get a pop up that gives you options like edit or delete.  If you click on delete, that post with your pic will go away.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay Betty, when you start typing a response, do you see what looks like a tool bar above where you are typing.  From left to right is has:

a yellow thing (lol)    < >  a smiley face .......

All the way to the right past Font Family and Font Sizes is the letter A

Click the arrow immediately right of the underlined A and a box of all different colors will appear. 

You can either pick you color before you start typing or type it all out, then highlight it and pick your color.

Trusted Contributor

When I click on the bread crumbs with my iPad I don't get the option to delete. Will try later with my laptop
Honored Contributor

Is that what they call the three dots - breadcrumbs?

I know nothing about an Ipad so maybe what I told you won't work?  Sorry about that - not familiar with any of the 'I' technology.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Might be cookie crumbs. There was a whole thread about it when one of the techs used the term and someone thought he had made it up

I'm hoping they will get the iPad technology up to snuff before too long. I don't type well on it anyway but it is small and handy to just pick up.
Horribly humid here this morning. That is supposed to lift later but if course it was supposed to lift last night