Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

Bernie, you are a wonder for figuring stuff out. I start out experimenting and see something interesting and forget what I started out to check.
Looks like the Friends thread is the place to be.
I find the community chat interesting too. Ice seen some names there that have been around for a while
I think we will all catch on to this eventually, after all we. Don't really have a choice now do we. It's more important to me to see everyone. I'll do my share of griping I'm sure but it's beginning to feel more normal here
Honored Contributor

@yock wrote:
Bernie, you are a wonder for figuring stuff out. I start out experimenting and see something interesting and forget what I started out to check.
Looks like the Friends thread is the place to be.
I find the community chat interesting too. Ice seen some names there that have been around for a while
I think we will all catch on to this eventually, after all we. Don't really have a choice now do we. It's more important to me to see everyone. I'll do my share of griping I'm sure but it's beginning to feel more normal here

Short of the ugly white space, almost frightening emoties and font issue (grrr), the layout is finally as it was back in the day with categories to the left and posts to the right.

I refuse to let this forum redesign separate me from posters that I have become fond of.  I am a natural redhead and stubborn as a mule.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh Epi - where are you?  I can't remember if you are on vacation and want to make sure we didn't lose you in the 'conversion'

Trusted Contributor

I wrote a reply that for some reason greyed out the whole topic. Really all I said was I keep getting my reply flipped off when I'm using my iPad. I will prevail!!
Honored Contributor

Yock, there are still some bugs to work out for sure.  That said, I can see some improvement since the new forum launched on Monday.  I no longer feel nauseous Man Tongue

Regular Contributor

since the switcheroo on the bb I can no longer order online; I can see the item, name and number, but all the order info is missing. So far no one seems to be able to resolve my problem and I find it very frustrating.

Betty, you had asked about the gray area with the word spoiler on it and how I did it. Well, it was an accident and I don't remember how it happened.

Bernie, you had asked several days ago what plants I picked up and I couldn't seem to remember to answer you. However, I don't know the names of most of them and sad to say several of them drowned (apparently) right after I set them out on the patio and we had days of rain; sure wished I'd waited, but had no idea of what was coming and some of the plants are OK so I'll enjoy what are left. I plan to check to see if there are any info sticks to identify them.

Happy Friday all! Sue

Trusted Contributor

I thought the changes were just in the message bbs. They've really shot themselves in the foot if they've goofed up ordering
Respected Contributor

Why am I NOT surprised Sue that you had trouble ordering. This thing is a mess. By the way the save font thing on preferences finally showed up. Trouble is now it is not holding. I still must pick my font each time I post. Yes, I hit save, yes I did that right - just like when I hit post, it seems to post but my next click - whatever that might be - keeps bringing back listing of items and I have to click again to get back out. Just dumb. To me it is not getting better until it IS workable - period!!!!

For the first time since the out of control fire started Wednesday I woke up to the smell of smoke - do not like that. In fact the smell woke me  up - makes me nervous. By last night it had consumed 15,000 acres and only 10 per cent contained - that is not good but there are a lot of firefighters working there. They must be in agony in this heat. Say prayers for those brave people. We will continue with the heat advisory until 7 tomorrow night. Course by then it may e extended.

Sue I wish you well in getting your ordering problems solved.

Think I will go and check the water leak out in front of my house - yep always something. It is a slow leak and not my lines, has something to do with the main line and hook up to houses across the street. With the drought one would think they would be right here, nope, probably will not get worked on until Monday.

Have a good day everyone!!!

Today going to be one of our hottest days yet - give me a break please. It is so miserable

Honored Contributor

Freddie, the size of the font that you choose in the Display Section of the Edit my Preferences area controls what you see.  For example, I chose LARGE which means, no matter what kind of font somebody uses, it should be large to my eyes.

I wish there was a way to specify the kind of font you want and the size of font you want at the overall preference level instead of per post in a thread.

The smoke must be bad to wake you up.  Not good for your lungs or you nerves.

It's still around 68 degrees as of this posting (1:38 eastern time).  Sky is cloudy and rain is coming.

I hurried up and cut my grass - I think I set a time record for getting it done early (lol).

Been to the recycle center, changed out the wreath on my front door and grabbed a take out pizza.

Right now, I'm watching Criminal Minds on ION tv.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - I've been watching the jewelry shoes on and off this morning.  I was geared up to watch The Fying Nun and Gidget this morning and low and behold, there was a Father Knows Best marathon on.  No offense to the Dads out there - I wanted Gidget (lol).

It's only 78 degrees outside but is so humid that I don't want to be out in it.  I did go grocery (joyful, joyful - not) and think I will be enjoying the first day of Summer from the inside.

What's up with you today?