Esteemed Contributor

Re: Back Fence for June 2015 experiment

Yock, if you don't see the (now infamous) 3 gray dots, hover your curser over the upper right hand of the post you want to edit...a drop down screen pops up and you should be able to choose edit...at least that worked for me last nite when I couldn't see the flippin' dots, which I CAN see here today at work. OMGosh! What the heck am I talking about??!!!
~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Hi birdmama and back fencers, and since birds are found on back fences, I think we can all get along together. Smiley Happy  So far, the only posts I have made are on the old Bird's Nest yesterday, and to complain about this MESS of a forum.  I hate it!   We definitely belong in Among Friends.

Back to the old rat race, taking DD to and from work.  I was liking not having to leave the house but once a week or so.  the weather is much cooler, but still very warm, so we have a breather for a time.  I saw birds using the new bird bath yesterday, yay!

Are we able to copy and paste pictures as before?  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Mac duff it wouldn't allow me to reply to your specific post. I'm using an iPad and a finger so things are a little different

Mouse girl glad you found us. I don't know if this will be allowed to stay in friends or not. I find it annoying to have to sign In All the time. Some of these things will be better with time I think. I was hoping for a smoother transition but when you think of all the posts they are trying to deal with I guess we have to give them a little break

Bernie I must not have notifications on. No heart. Will check preferences again Betty
Honored Contributor

Mousie - I copied and pasted as I did before.  Each time, I got some weird message about HTML.  I just confirmed that I wanted to post it and the pics appeared.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Trusted Contributor

I thought I had lost my preferences but they showed up after I logged in. I didn't think we would have to enter password with each post. I think I am just trying to post more so I'm noticing it.

I think other posters have found where they want to be. Some things look a little more normal. If we can just get used to it we may be able to encourage others to stick with us.
Honored Contributor

When I get to the page to paste, there is no paste option when I click, just print, etc., or, the paste does appear, but I am unable to paste the picture.  Nothing pops up, and I have tried this about eight times.

Honored Contributor

Mousie, go to your post about how to post a pic.  I posted a pic for you and walked through what I did.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always add the Back Fence to my favorites and when I clicked on it I was taken to the new forum, but had to scroll down to among friends, but the fence was the first thread I saw so twas easy. Thanks Betty and Bernie for getting us all set up on the new forum. I've never figured out the need, but apparently the programers do so I just go with the flow. This was the easies transition yet or so it seems. I seldom venture out of among friends anymore........not like the old days when we easily traveled all over the boards, now there must be a gazillion of us Q'ers.

Jim had a PT test this morning so we went in together in the car rather than the crossover with my lift so I knew I wouldn't be getting out and Jim has been seeing a commercial for wild salmon at Long John Silver's and we thought that sounded good and that we'd give it a try. Big mistakeMan Sad

Spoiler

Man Sad First of all the 'enter' sign did not allow one to go through the drive through, but we drove up to the window anyway and asked where the menu was and were told that it was 'thataway' and we'd come in wrong. Apparently one has to go in through a totally different entrance not marked so we backed up and headed 'thataway' and finally discovered the menu marquee and found something we thought sounded sorta good and ordered it and when we ordered our sides we were told that they no longer had that particular side so Jim said we'd just go elsewhere. Not being able to get out of the car presents some problems when it comes to eating so we thought we'd go to Whataburger and our eyesight is so poor neither of us could adequately read the menu and could only order the items that were in foot high pictures, but the print was so small we were flying by the seat of our pants. Anyway, Jim got what he wanted and I got what I could see, but as it turns out not what I wanted, but they did have good onion rings so they were good. There was no shade at Whataburger, but McDonald's close by had inviting trees so we headed there and ate our Whataburger sandwiches in the McDonald's parking lot and watch big rigs park at the Love's station next door.........'don't' take much to entertain us these days!Smiley Very Happy

All this much needed rain has caused us to have so much uncomfortable humidity which we are not used to, but can't complain as we needed the rain so badly and Freddie, sure wish we could share some of it with you Californians.

Happy Tuesday all! Sue 

Trusted Contributor

I'm still doing something wrong cause it akways take two tries to pist. Enjoyed your post queen, as always. Lived the spoked thing. How did you do that