Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for April 2018

So, we are having interesting spring weather here in SE Michigan.  It rained yesterday, all darn day.  The temps dropped so we had ice capades for a few hours this morning.  I was really careful on my concrete patio as I fed the wildlife this morning.  I'm not trying to break a hip.

The lawnmower guy picked up my power for maintenance on Friday.  He said business has been slow since grass is dorment.  Good for me, I guess I beat the mad rush for lawn mower maintenance :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Well at least something good happened with this weather. I'm freezing.  

Almost all unpacked.  I got delayed a bit because they sent Merle's prescriptions to wrong pharmacy.  Finally got that straightened out I think.  Then they had an outdated med on his medical list so corrected that.  

My clothes are all unpacked but still have some notions to put away.   

Merle has had my kitchen table tied up all morning   He's trying to get caught up but he's making me fall behind.  Hs computer and phone are running non stop.  

I think my hair grew two inches while we were gone. Thank goodness I'm getting it cut Thursday.  

Respected Contributor

We;; Betty, what can I say? At least you got home safe and sound and let's face it, if Merle leaves the house tomorrow you will have ample time to do your thing. OK, I read your mind and I know exactly what you were thinking. I will shut up on that.

Winds picked up this afternoon and got really cold. I have Ricky here - not sure what is going on with Sherry - always something I guess - and he has been an angel and then BOOM, tossed his juice and food. I cannot figure it out other than he gets so very tired so fast and it is hard to get him to take a nap. He collapsed sitting in the chair about 300 minutes ago - way too late for a nap but I will let him sleep - then pray to get him back to sleep. He gets so very tired so quickly. Leah is with another friend - like I said I cannot figure out what is going on with Sherry.

Should wash a load of clothes - by the way would anyone love to have a overweight 17 year go and live with them - Speaking of Davey and I now have his Dad angry with me. Too bad, he had it coming. His daughter Lola gets things started and lies and lies and he buys into everything she said. She got Ricky going yesterday and I told him - the Dad - he needed to become a good Father. This little girl has him wrapped around her finger - he spends all his extra time with her but none with his other children.

Need to go and clean up the kitchen - we had some of those coated and tasty chicken breasts, corn swimming in butter - not creamed corn of course and some tater tots with onions. Not bad.

Hope one and all had a great day.

Before I leave Betty will ask if you got anything else done today. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I actually did get 2 loads of laundry done.  I opened the dishwasher to find it empty.  Oh oh.  Those dishes were not clean.   So dug dishes and silverware back out and washed them.  sometines well meaning help is "appreciated" but it is hard to keep lip zipped.  Lol.   I often get it rearranged because he lines things up better than I do (his words).  This is the first time he decided to unload it.  Tomorrow the routine should be back to more normal when he starts traveling overnite again.  

Bernie, we have snow on the ground.  It was supposed to melt but it hasn't.  We were out s bit last night and I was thankful for my winter coat and gloves. 

Merle put on his new red strAw  hat this morning with his winter jacket.  I said don't you think the weather guy is mixed up enough?   I think this weekend we are going to try spring again.  Sure hope so. It takes my inside body thermostat longer to adjust.   

Honored Contributor

Eagle Pharmacy - Synthroid RX Drama - Updated Woman Very Happy

Monday - called doctor's office, let PA know the issue.  While I was on the phone she re-prescribed my Synthroid and indicated all over RX that it was a 90 day fill.

Tuesday - it was available, put it in the cart, charged my VISA.  VISA shows authorized charge.

Wednesday - called pharmacy to follow up since the order continued to show open.  Rep on the phone assured me it was in central billing, about ready to be put on the truck.

Jesus on the mainline Woman LOL  Getting a stupid thyroid medication should not be this hard.

Trusted Contributor

I think they are so focused on filling with generic that they forget some of us need to use the real thing. That's the one they shorted me a pill on last time.  They claimed it was filled by their robo center but they did give it to me. synthoid has increased in price so every pill counts. 

Honored Contributor

@yock  I get mine from a program called Synthroid Direct.  The pharmacy is Eagle Pharmacy in Florida and I never had a single issue in 2017.

I take 102 pills in a 90 day period and pay under $80 for it.  At the local brick and mortar pharmacy I was paying $110 or more for 90 days.

I think now that we got the issue solved it should be smooth sailing.

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!!! Been super chilly today and a tad wet. Brrrrr - but at least not sweltering hot.

Hope all had a great day.

Have you settled in back home yet Betty!

Trusted Contributor

hi ladies,I've been busy. The weather has been warm,and I have spring fever. Got a start on my spring cleaning. Got the master bedroom done,all but the drapes and windows.willdo them later,and most of the guest room done.will strip the bed tomorrow.

today I got my hair cut SHORT,it grows so fast.

after dinner out we went to Home Depot. Bought some Rosemary.lemon thyme,and 2 kinds of parsley. We don't have much son in the backyard,so I plant them in pots so  I can move the if necessary,and it keeps them from spreading to much,which many herbs can become a nuisance and overtake everything.

Trusted Contributor

At last, a full day of sunshine.  Got the car washed so it looks drivable.  Yesterday Natalue was here with a sore throat. Her grandma had come down with a case of shingles so we were afraid she was getting chicken pox.  It turned out to be strep throat. Not a good thing but I felt relieved. 

Her mom and dad were required to be at school so I had her.  Finally talked her into letting me put a little Vicks on her throat. She had so much congestion and but was finally able to fall asleep.  I had used old fashioned bobby pins to keep her hair from getting in her way and rigged up a bowl she could use without running to bathroom and a wet cloth.  Had one mess to clean up but we did pretty good.  

When she she woke up she said grams I don't feel like I need to throw up any more and solemnly handed me my bobby pins back. 

Her dad dad stayed home with her today and I tried to sanitize the house. Smells like a hospital room in here.  

Our ground is still too soggy to get to get into but if tomorrow is sunny too, maybe we can get the leaves blown away.