Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for April 2018

Good Morning Back Fencers - another chilly day here in Michigan.  We've had sleet, snow and some howling winds this week.  I think it's supposed to warm up a little next week.  I won't bet the farm on it, lol.

I'm leaving a muffin assortment and some coffee and tea for us to nibble on.

Image result for muffin selection

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Birdmama, we are going to be in the low 90s today - what can I say. It will not stay that way, hopefully, but that is not bad this time of year as the soil and everything else has not had the time yet to heat up - sure makes a difference. That includes these old bodies. LOL.

Headed to my MD this morning - cannot stand her - and after the appointment am headed into the office right there to get another primary MD. She is something else! Big thing with me is she does NOT give shots???? and if you need a shot of any kind you must get a referral from HER and then make an appointment with another MD. Just plain dumb. She also never calls you on lab results or anything. Now I understand why MD is not behind her name but OD or DO, whichever. She is primary a believer in holistic meds and therefore - - - - - Someone has got to tell me why then is she allowed to be a primary physician. Makes no sense to me.

Enough of my griping - need to get a move on. By the way Bernie my Sis and BIL got back to Michigan from Florida a couple days ago after spending two months there - they usually are there three months each year but shortened it this year due to some family thing.

Honored Contributor

Hello Fencers, 

I allowed myself a week to be lazy and this morning decided to start my walking plan.  It was gloomy outside and I'd swear I saw a couple of snowflakes so I took to my treadmill, programmed the beginning walker program and started watching Perry Mason on the TV that I put in the basement.  Okay, beginning walker, my aunt fanny, lol.  There's hills in that program that took me to an incline of 5. 

I had a 24 inch tv in the basement and a 26 inch tv in the office upstairs.  When the 26 inch TV started having audio problems I moved that one to the basement and brought the smaller one in the office.

Well, the audio problems continue in the 26 inch TV (now in the basement).  Audio keeps dropping out and I almost lost Perry Mason's closing arguments this morning, lol.

Me and the birds had waffles for breakfast and I'm about to hit the road to run some errands.  I am going to pop into Best Buy and pick up a new LG TV.  After that I will visit the only Kmart left near me in a 20 mile radius.

Respected Contributor

In all of my errands this morning, yep went to the MD and her office is now giving shots. Tee Hee - Am sure I am NOT the only one who has raised Cain about that. But you have to know this.

Went to WM and bought three CHEAP shirts - similar to a Tee Shirt but not really great but I loved the message on all three. One says simply "Nope!". Another says "Sorry, not listening" and the third one was Mario and his said "Get over it."" Those shirts made my day. Have a good one everybody. I had a real reason for going to WM but saw these shirts and could not leave without them.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of THAT doctor of mine, went back today to see about putting my name in for a new one. Almost fell off my chair - was told she is leaving!!! Am thinking y screaming about her for a year has helped in that decision but I am sure others have been unhappy also. She simply has  very few patients - that is not normal for this day and time. And then got super excited because I know of one MD there I have heard nothing but great things about. Was told he was finally taking a few more patients and my name went in first - am hoping!!! He will not be available for a new patient until October but we usually have to wait more than a year to see a new one. Am super excited!!!

Way too hot today - I was sweating like a stuck pig took it upon myself to go to Dairy Queen, sit down and enjoy a banana split - all by myself. Very very nice.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  I'm happy to read the new doctor news however more than that I smiled a really big smile when I read that you were able to sit down and enjoy a banana split by yourself. 

Honored Contributor

Hello, so far no snow flakes falling out of the sky and it even feels a little warmer.  I think I will place a call to the lawnmower guy and have him pick my mower up for maintenance.  I know he'll give me the lecture that I should have had it services at the end of the last cutting season.  Back then I was working like a lunatic and life got in the way.  I'll promise to do better this year, lol.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,hubby cut our grass yesterday. It is about 74 today and tomorrow is to be 85,HORRAY! Love the warm weather.not so many aches and pains when it's warm out.

nothing much going on. We sent our grandsons cards for Easter,and enclosed 20$. Got a thank you text from each. The older boy said,thanks for the $,he and his friends are making a movie,and with our money it doubles there budget,😂,so funny! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing a winter coat all week.  Weather people said it was in the mid 50's - yeah, with the wind it sure didn't feel like it.

I'm having one hel* of a time getting my synthroid RX filled at the Florida pharmacy that is the provider for brand name synthroid through the synthroid direct program.

I went to see the doc last Wed.  I knew the blood test results last Thurs.  I called the office this past Monday and said, yo, I'm almost out of medication, what's the word on the RX.  She's keeping the dose the same which surprises me since my numbers are low (borderline hyper thyroid now Woman Very Happy).  PA returns my call and says she's calling the RX in.

On Tuesday I see the RX online and place the order.  Nothing.  On Wed I call the pharmacy and say, what's up and did you guys notice there is no fill/day quantity?  It should be a 90 day fill.

Wednesday I check and see RX will be available yesterday.  I look yesterday and see it will be available today.  Meanwhile my order from Tues was cancelled.  There was an order from Wed that I didn't place also cancelled.

I call pharmacy today and say, yo, what's up I'm almost outta medication samples I got last week from the doc to tide me over.  Guy says, I'll get the pharmacist to clear it.

I go back in about an hour ago, RX is ready I put it in the cart and pay for it.  5 minutes later order is cancelled. 

By this time I can feel my BP going up, lol.  I called the pharmacy back and ask what is going on?  Girl says she thinks it's because the fill/day quantity is missing.  She sent an email to the pharmacist because of course, they are gone for the day.

I can go without synthroid for a week and not feel it.  It stays in your system a long time.  I think I have more than a week of samples left.  I will call the doctor's office on Monday because at this point I don't trust the pharmacy.

This all went so smooth in 2017.

Trusted Contributor

We are back home.  Going to bed to rest up from vacation.  Talk to you all later.  Storm warning out. Looks like we'll be socked in tomorrow.