Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Back Fence, where we gather on a monthly basis to chat about this or that.

In a nod to the secular and the religious, I've added a couple of decorations for Easter

Image result for garden decorated for Easter

Image result for garden decorated for Easter

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence for April 2018

I'm bringing over an update from Drizella.  It looks like she is getting more snow at her part of the Back Fence.

"I just got another email from the weather service - they are now saying 4 inches of snow tonight"

Honored Contributor

Looks like your back fence ismore spring-like than mine right now. Very lovely your flowering cherry and crabs maybe? Your grass is nice & green too @Bird mama

I do have sunshine, it's a bit breezy and cool, we're expecting snow tonight midnight'ish or so. Tuesday they're calling for 73 and rain!!!  Yes welcome to springtime Columbus Ohio!!!

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I make believe at the Back Fence, lol.  Okay,  I may sound like a kook however when I come to this thread, I imagine a fence that winds all over the country.  Posters walk up to the fence and we chat like my Ma and Grandma did back in the day when neighbors would chat after hanging wash on the line to dry.  So when I add decorations in this post, I try to find images that have ideal conditions.

In reality, my grass is looking kinda sad here in SE Michigan.  My silver maple in the front yard is starting to bud and it's currently 32 degrees outside, rofl.

Respected Contributor

Actually Birdmama, When this thread was started the Fence did go across the country and we referenced that on many occasion. To NY, Michigan, Indiana, Florida, All through the South, California, Arizona, Canada - and other states - you name it - there went our Fence. We had to keep shoring it up - after all it is wooden and more than 20 years old.

Very foggy here in Sou Cal this morning. Weird. After a good 3 to 4 days of sunshine and warmth.

Take care everyone.

Honored Contributor

I think this retirement gig is gonna work out for me, lol.  Yesterday I ran some errands and then relaxed a little.

This morning I had to mail a couple of letters and decided to take Grayson, the pigeon for a ride with me.  That bird travels really well consideing he doesn't go in the car that often.

I can't tell if it's going to rain or what.  

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,was thinking of you. Wondering how long it will be before your bored to tears. ENJOY your retirement.👍

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I'm laughing at myself as I had no idea the back fence is photo shopped!!!!  Too bad our yards can't look so nice ALWAYS!!!

It's been raining cats & dogs here since last night, midnight I'mn ot even sure. We've our first Spring thunder & lightn'n too. It was supposed to hit low 70s but we're settling for mid 60s.

GREEN is the color of the season and the rain is certainly helping with this. Green is my fav color too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, we had a couple of new posts at the March Fence so I thought I would bring them over here:

TW stopped by and added:

I find seasons have shifted.  It stays warm longer.  We still had hot days in December.  the cold didn't start until March.  May be it has something to do with the poles moving and the magnetic fields shifting.  I also noticed that my Hummingbirds have not arrived.  Normally you can set a clock, 1 April, sharp.  Haven't seen them yet.  I just hope they made the trip across the Golf.  The place in Texas that's usually their last stop before the trip was devastated by the storm.  The people in Rockport usually put out many feeders so they can tank up before their long trip.  Since Rockport was destroyed in the storm I am sure they went hungry.  So worried about my little guests. 

Honored Contributor

Betty, aka Yock came by and added:

It was quite warm in Florida yesterday.   Back home in Indiana (isn't that a song?) they were having snow squalls. I think Florida is supposed to be rainy the next few days.  Hope they are typical showers as my sis and hubby are coming tomorrow.  I laid out my special euchre cards before we left home and they must still be where I laid them out.   Will stop by the store to get some new ones today. 

Bernie I hope you are really enjoying not having to dance to someone else's music.