Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Sad thing,Cat Sad   I found the family pet cockatiel , Frank,Heart laying dead in his cage about 2 hours ago.  He was fine yesterday and last night.   I hadn't heard him for a while and went to check and he'd flown over the Rainbow Bridge.   He was such a really cool bird.   Loved to be with his people,  even the cats knew that he was "paws off".   My son, coming home tomorrow will really miss his as all of us will.  

Jesus Possum, I am so sorry that you didn't get any warning with Frank.  My deepest sympathy goes out to you (especially since you found dear Frank) and your family.

Having never lived with birds prior to me and DH handraising Poppi and his sister Peewee all those years ago, I often prayed that God, St. Francis or any of my dead relatives like my Ma would give me a sign so I would know it was coming.  I had heard that sudden unexpected rainbow bridge crossing happened often with birds.

God was good to me - I saw Peewee slowing down and acting different for her about 3 weeks before she crossed the bridge.  There were a few times that I would work myself in  a panic at work and need to use personal time to come home.  I then begged God, St. Francis and anyone who could intercede for me, to let is happen when I was home.

I was there when she was born, I wanted to be there when it came time to go back to God.  Again, God was good to me as it happened Fourth of July weekend when I was home.

I have been praying incessantly for the same grace from God as it relates to Poppi.  He is nearly 10 and it stuns me to realize he's in my life longer than DH was.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence and Bird's Nest - Tuesday June 16th

OK!! We have LUCAS born today @12 noon weighing in at 8 lbs 3 oz -- mom and baby are both healthy and doing well! 💗💛💚💜💙. Thank you for helping us with your thoughts and prayers!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Congratulations LTT welcome to the world Lucas!
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Plants and Trees That Attract Birds | Plant a Native Bird Garden

Thanks,   Birdmama,   We are missing Frank already.    I'd sit on the sofa watching TV and Frank would be on my shoulder pecking at my chains,  (I wear 3 chains and never take them off),  or he'd be pecking at my dive watch or running up and down my leg,  making Cockatiel sounds.   He was such a companion.   My middle GS who was Franks, "owner",  I think Frank owned us,  came home from the pet store where he works and we buried Frank in the back yard under a beautiful hibiscus plant.   

Now Ryan is talking about getting a Conure>>>>>some great recipes for birds.  my cockatiel LOVES bird bread.,,,, but not right away.    We have all of the stuff needed but want to wait.   My son was stunned to hear about Frank.  

It's amazing how much our pets grab hold of our hearts and never, ever let go,  not that we want them to.    Each has it's own niche in our hearts and they stay with us forever.   

Thanks again for you kind remarks.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Bring birds and butterflies into your garden!

Honored Contributor

Frank~~~~Heart

My male cockatiel look like this one, except that his cheeks have a brighter orange colour. My lovely bird.

Honored Contributor

Give a Father a Hug!

I am posting this photo again as Winifred has been trying to find it.   It's also on the Jund Bird Nest thread now too. Heart

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@possummink wrote:

Frank~~~~Heart

My male cockatiel look like this one, except that his cheeks have a brighter orange colour. My lovely bird.

Possumm, I am so sorry to hear of Frank's passing, he is gorgeous!  I still mourn pets that have passed from my childhood to the present, I never forget them.

Rabbits can pass quickly without any warning also.  So many viruses can attack them.  I would go out to the runs every morning, and on the mornings I would find one dead, I would be shocked and so sad.