Esteemed Contributor

Re: Back Fence and Bird's Nest - Tuesday June 16th

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey Bird...Stopped by to say hello to y'all.  I'm so sorry that I cannot see your pics!  I can see some pics in some threads some of the time.  ITA about the glaring bright screen!!

I started this thread...if you have any contributions, please feel free to post.  If you don't have the blue link letters, click on it anyway...it may just work (sigh)...

Have a great day!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Speaking of bird's nests, I have a lady cardinal sitting in her nest right outside of my screened patio!

She finished the nest a couple of days ago and then I saw one egg, and the next day there were two!

Now she is staying with the eggs all day. It was so cute to see her squish herself down in the nest to make it fit her properly.

I go outside several times a day with my dogs, so I can see her there. Very exciting!

Honored Contributor

scottie dog -

Honored Contributor

Pretty birds: Bluebirds, Dinners Time, Parents, Mothers, Birds Nests, Indigo Buntings, Families Photo, Families Dinners, Animal

Hello everyone!  How are you making out with all these changes?  I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

Bird mama, thank you for your kindness!Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Respected Contributor

Possum, a lot of us ranting and continuing to rant. Actually makes me feel a bit better. LOL. I think these boards are the pits - not at all user friendly - too much work to do to just sit and chat for a few. By the way, love the pix of the black cat - reminds me of Miss Blackie. That little, fat old lady can come across often as if everyone else should - or will - cater to her. She can be quite ornery. I miss Stripes so very much - he was such a dear sweet macho man. I believe all miss him, including all the four legged critters. Conrad seems to be missing him the most as he is not at all his normal bouncy self. Took him out for a few minutes yesterday when I went down back to look at my once gorgeous - but now almost all - dead fruit trees. Breaks my heart. He tagged along but he usually bounces along. Course it was awfully hot out there but we did not stay long.

Another sad thing is to see how quickly most of the lawns are completely dead now OR people have just dug them up and there is nothing but dirt surrounding their homes. It breaks your heart. Some however, have spent a lot of $$$ putting down rock and cement areas. That cost a lost of $$ to do that. Now there are still some that have lush green lawns but suspect those people will get hit with some kind of penalty. Actually the homes should have been left alone and the State should go after agriculture and parks - those are the two groups that use 90 percent of all water used in this state - so they are not touched but the homeowner is the one who is penalized and we only use 10 percent of all water use. Messing with us will not save any water quite frankly. Use the math!!

Of course we have a fire going up in the hills and of course it is around me. Sigh. Not real close but too close. Am surprised it is the first one - am sure it was perhaps set by someone tossing a cig or other stupid thing - almost always these fires are not truly accidental - mostly started by stupidity.

My hummer feeders are empty - I noticed it last night as a hummer was out fluttering around the feeder outside of the kitchen window. I think they must leak as there are NOT enough hummers around to drink all that food. Must find a few minutes to refill the one out front. NOticed the one in back still has food in it but I never see a hummer around it any more.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

I am going nuts. Just posted and there was a picture of the black cat. When I come back I see all the pix of Conrad. LOL. I need to blink twice and look again. This is weird.

Honored Contributor

Freddie - you are not going crazy.  I think, even though QVC is trying, that the site is a but unstable right now.  I think they are trying to accommodate fixes/patches to make the forums more workable while we're all online.  I am seeing some improvements regarding how the community is laid out on my screen.  That still don't help me when it comes to finding stuff - I sincerely miss the sub categories.  I signed up for Gamers and can see it in my choices.

I've never been a greedy person or one to take anything free.  That said, when I signed up for Gamers, I asked if they could just keep my name on the list for any other sub forums (lol).

Sometimes I need to refresh my page in order to see pictures too.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Back Fence and Bird's Nest - June 2015

The bird of the day is quite striking.  It's not injured or wounded.

Bleeding Heart Pigeon 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence and Bird's Nest - June 2015

I've got juvenile Red Throated Humming birds, tiny not quite two inches long, going from flower to flower. Last year I put out a feeder but it attracted Raccoon who brought it down spilling sticky liquid everywhere.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Finally got brave enough to try using my Mac Air.  Things go smoother here as far as posting anyway and the print is larger.  I'd say the other things are connected to the IPAD.

I think this is going to be ok.  Its nice to have the font bar which also doesn't show up on my IPAD.  Maybe they will get that fixed cause they do seem to be trying to accommodate us.   I like using my laptop but sometimes I get myself confused cause it is a little different than my old Del.  But I'm trying to keep my brain engaged.

I went to my GYN this morning only to be told that because I am old, I only have to see him every two years and Medicare wouldn't pay for this appt.  If I'm not having any problems come back in a year.  Well, that was ok with me.  This guy is young enough to be my Grandson and he calls me Sweetheart.  lol   I said I only had some problems with the surgery I had for incontinence and so I made an appointment to see him.   I feel, tho, like the first office should pay for my time and effort and since they sent me this nice little notification that they looked forward to seeing me and then didn't, I feel like copying it and sending them a bill.  It took me two tries to get in the right building.  Let's see how much could I get for my time, stress and Lord knows what else.