Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence September 2021

[ Edited ]

I didn't sleep with the windows open and the house still got a little too cool for comfort.  So... I decided to kick the furnace on.  It's a 25 year old Lennox and I was warned in 2012 that my heat exchangers would probably last the entire 20 years but not much longer.  My furnace kicked on and I heard the gas flame ignite.  I also heard clicking like some electric thing was triggering or misfiring.  Honestly I think it's one of 3 things, one of them the ingnitor switch.  The A/C is just fine and even though it's gonna be in the 70's through next week, I think I have time before it gets really cold around here.

I online chatted with a rep from a local heating and cooling place to express interest in getting an estimate.  He was pretty eager and then I wrote that I was not interested in an energy efficient furnace that vents out of the side of the house.  I want the best energy efficient furnace that I can get that still vents up the chimney, even if I need a new liner.  These people primarily sell Carrier and I said I was going for the middle of the road Performance line in the furnace and AC.  I was also going to replace my humidifier and the air quality thing - I currently have an Aprilaire.  Finally I wrote that I was not interested in a furnace smarter than me so a run of the mill programmable thermostat was what I was looking for Woman Very Happy

The guy Dan replied that their expert installers make recommendations for what they think is best.  I let Dan know that I was a forthright person and was communicating what I am looking for with him so the expert installers would understand that trying to upsell something to me was not going to work.  I'm not asking for an expert opinion, I know what I want and that's what I want quoted.

Woman Very Happy  I may or may not get a follow up call Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much here

went to kohl's this morn,found 4 pair of walker shoes for me, trying each pair to see which I like the best

wow birdmama, it will be interesting to see who calls you back because you know exactly what you want in a furnace. got our call yesterday for our furnace tune up end of sept..

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923   How did the Walmart experience with the kids go?  Did your daughter find what she needed?  Be careful with the new shoes from Kohls, you know the last time you bought new walking shoes they bothered your bad foot.

I've been on borrowed time with the furnace since 2012.  That's given me years to read articles about heating and cooling.  There are other HVAC companies around here that I will probably call to see their quotes for basically the same thing.

Most of the time the furnaces are all fine and work well.  Who you get to install it can make the experience good or bad.  If Lennox parts were easy to come by I would probably get another Lennox.  The people who installed the Lennox in this house in 1995 don't do Lennox anymore because getting parts to service the furnace or A/C is a real pain.

I've been under an enormous amount of stress trying to get Francis on the road to recovery.  You know how it is - it's never the work, it's the worry.  Just when I think I got a veterinarian on the same page with me, well, that's been a disappointment.  Not a surprise, but a disappointment nonetheless.  I'm not the most patient person on the planet and these veterinarian people have pretty much exhausted my patience and tact. 

I'm almost running on empty here which means I ain't got it for some heating and cooling company.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, the kids have been taken care of for school lists are finished, walmart had what they needed for school.

not much else, later all

Honored Contributor

hey guys

overcast and dampish today

no rain as of yet.

dh was trimming up the only bush we have in front yard, he was attacked by a wasps nest, he was able to get to the shed and grab a can of wasp spray, he said the wasps were dropping by handful. he sprayed the bush down, he checked before he came in house, he said the nest was huge bigger than his hand glad we had the wasp spray available quickly.

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

Another nice day,but a little hotter yesterday. 

Well,my back brace arrived yesterday,it feels just great on. Don't know yet how much it Neil help with this pain,but will wear it for the support if no other reason. We will see,but I like wearing it 👍

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   I was looking for someone to clean my gutters as I won't allow DH to go up on the ladder to do so for fear of falling.  the next I knew, I was talking to an obnoxious sales woman who was attempting  to force me to buy gutter guards, I kept saying no, finally I said GOODBYE!

I hate sales people, in general, especially when they are trying to sell me something I have no interest in.

Honored Contributor

Thank goodness your husband didn't have a reaction to the wasps.  A yellowjacket chased me around the yard when I was cutting the grass the other day @viva923 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   that's encouraging news Epi.  I've often thought about one of those tommy copper (I think that's the name) back support things for my lower back.  I could probably use one of those fancy shirts that help posture too Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Boy don't I know it @mousiegirl