Honored Contributor

Re: Back Fence - September 2018

Good Saturday Morning to all,

It's good to see the sun today even if it comes with some humidity and a little heat. 

I continue to declutter a little at a time.  I know I talked about the jackhammer and the safe/freezer in July.  I might have missed talking about thinning out the firearm collection (inherited from husband) in August.  Let's just say, that was an education and an exercise in overcoming some reservations and jitters.  

Yesterday, after having the total gym listed on the facebook marketplace for about 6 weeks, it sold.  I don't know who I was kidding when I bought that thing - I barely used it. 

I'm leaving some muffins to nibble on

Image result for muffin assortment

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

no sign yet of any rain,but still overcast,hot and humid. Hope all are safe from the storm.

had a great dinner last night,from my daughter. Turkey,mashed taters,dressing,etc. tasted so great,will have leftovers tonight. Oh, and individual tarts also 😀

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Back Fencers, how's everyone doing?  

Not much going on outside of the usual - yardwork yesterday, continuing to clear out/purge that garage addition.  It's been hot and humid so progress in the garage is slow.

This is the time of year that I contemplate having the black walnut tree cut down Woman Very Happy  The thought usually hits me on the second or third consecutive trip around the yard as I'm filling/refilling the bucket with nuts.  Then I think about the squirrels and birds that love that walnut tree and the desire to cut it down passes.

Trusted Contributor

What's that I see?! Why it's the SUN,finally. I sure hope fall gets here soon.

we have been very lucky,no rain from the storm.

everything else is good,start out patient p.t. On monday

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  I'm glad to read that you didn't get hammered by the storm.

We finally got a day's worth of rain (sometimes sprinkling, sometimes steady) yesterday.  It's warm and really breezy today.  Hopefully the wind will knock what's left of the walnuts off of the tree in the backyard.  

Trusted Contributor

Where the heck is everyone? The sun was here and gone in one afternoon,think I will be able to open the windows tonight.

its lasagna for dinner tonight. Sure glad I did all that cooking and freezing dinners a few weeks ago. Little did I know how much we would need it

hope everyone is O.K.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was kind of a blustery day yesterday however it's not like we got winds at 50 MPH or anything.  Imagine my surprise when the house went dark around 8:30.  Good thing I pray for lots of people and have so many flameless candles I rival a Catholic church Woman Wink

I like mission style furniture and bought 2 of these from QVC many many years ago.  Battery operated fluorescent outdoor lantern. Image result for GE mission style lantern

Mine have never seen the out of doors - I keep them on hand in case of power outages.  The light isn't blinding fluorescent either - it's kind of soft but boy does it illuminate.  

It was kind of hard for me to settle down because the house was so darn quiet.  Estimated repair was for 11:30 pm tonight.  I was so grateful the power was restored around 2pm.

Even though I never opened the refrigerator door once, I didn't like the temp I saw on the fridge thermometer thingy that I keep inside the fridge and the freezer.  If I would have used my brains I would have put the bacon, eggs and soy milk in the freezer.  But no, so I threw them out.  No way do I want to risk getting a bad piece of pork - that could kill a person.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  We were posting at the same time.

Honored Contributor

I just came in from cleaning the glass on the front storm door (half glass/half door).  I also put my fall wreath up on the inside door.  I have a yard light and finally got tired of looking at the fuzzies and wooley boogers in there so I removed the 4 panes, turned off power so I wouldn't electrocute myself and got in there with some q-tips.  The glass panes are so clean it looks like there is nothing in there now.  They will probably be able to see my yard light from outer space when it turns on tonight  Woman LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Bernie, since you have your work done why not come to my house - it is a pig sty quite frankly. Never have I had such dirty windows and everything else. Ahhhh, do wish I could do what I use to do. Oh well, others have it worse for sure.

Going to hit 89 today - not bad at all, tomorrow 100 and then they say Monday we may have rain. We shall see how anything goes.

Right now I am literally freezing - it is COLD for sure.

Ricky was uptight all day yesterday - the lady is coming back today for another 3 hour session with him. Hopefully it will be of help but will also probably take a very long time. He is now, 3 days a week, 3 hours each day. That is exhausting for Ricky AND me quite frankly. But well worth the effort.

Hope all have a great day.