Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence (Sept. 2019) Autumn's around the Corner

hellie,hope all goes well for your son. Will send good vibes his way

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo  thank you so much for giving us an update on John's surgery.  I continue to pray for a favorable outcome.  Did you enjoy your visit with the Bionic Woman Woman Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@hellie jo Oh my! Praying for your son and for you and your family! Take care, EEL 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My excitement today was cutting the grass.  I think I'll do the grocery shopping tomorrow.  Lord, so much fun I might need to lay down tomorrow Woman Very Happy  It's been a couple of weeks since I went grocery shopping and aside from condiments and some cans of gingerale, I have a pitcher of water and half a gallon of soy milk in there.  My sister would have a stroke, lol.

Respected Contributor

Had a nice visit with the bionic one.I don"t think I could hobble around with that walker like she does.

John was discharged today and is back in his own home now.He is feeling pretty good.

After all this,I am so tired and will just rest for awhile.

I thank you all so much for your caring and prayers.Have a great week-end.

Honored Contributor

John is gonna sleep better in his own bed @hellie jo 

Trusted Contributor

hellie,glad everyone is on the mend. Put your feet up and relax,you deserve it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning all, I think today is the last day of summer and it's feeling like summer in my part of the country.  It's been warmer (low 80's) and humid this weekend.  We had some storms (nothing severe) blow through yesterday and I think we're in for more today.

I've got nothing exciting to report Woman Tongue  I'm monitoring a slow leak in my front right tire that snuck up on me when I went grocery shopping on Friday.  One good thing about those tire pressure monitoring systems is that I knew which tire was causing the idiot light to turn on.

The fellas at discount tire (same area as my grocery store) filled the tire and said they could pull the tire and check for a leak since they couldn't see anything wrong from the outside.

I've had the car almost 2 years and am just approaching 7,500 miles. I don't know if I should see if they can find the leak or just buy two new front tires.  If I buy only one I'm afraid my tires will be cockeyed, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama Good morning! I would have discount tire pull the tire and check for a leak. Sometimes leaks can be patched ... or nails can be pulled out and plugged ... or perhaps the tire is just not mounted securely and needs to be remounted. If it comes to having a new tire, yes, you should get two front ones at a time (or if it's time for rotation they go in the back...you know that!). Good luck and let us know how it turns out. Woman Happy

I am going to look around at price comparisons for a set of new tires before winter. It's time for me to start looking for a new car but nothing is really grabbing me so I'm going to wait until next spring to get serious about looking. And I will go to the auto show in February to sit in the cars I think I like to see if they are comfortable, especially for side and rear visibility. If a car is too narrow in the back, it's not for me. 

I like the car you bought and especially that lovely brown color. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily   I'm a regular at that Discount Tire, lol.  I buy all of my tires from them.

I'll have them check it out.  Since the car is front wheel drive, if I end up buying a new pair I'd be surprised if they put the new ones on the back, but I defer to their judgement.

My first car was a Renault Alliance and it was a candied apple red.  I then leased a Oldsmobile Achieve which was a burgundy color.  Then I leased Nissans for 20 years and the car alternated between silver and blue.

When I had a feeling that I would be filing for retirement before the end of 2017, I figured I might as well get a new car, lol.  I always wanted a brown car. 

Having driven Nissans for so long, here is how I bought the car.  Monday night I think, hmm I should probably get a new car.  Tuesday, I check out inventory online with a couple of dealers.  I see the brown Altima listed at a newer Nissan dealer.  I submit the inquiry form, they call me and I say, do you have the brown Altima or is it bait and switch?

Ryan the salesman says, we have the car.  I say, okay, hold the car for me and I will come by tomorrow after work.

I go to the dealer on Wednesday.  Ryan comes out and I say, I like it, let's go do the deal.  He says, don't you want me to show you the inside and all of the features.  I say, well, I'm gonna buy this car but I don't want you to get in trouble so okay, run me through it real quick. Woman Very Happy

The car's name is Camille Heart