Trusted Contributor

Re: Back Fence - October 2019

Birdmama,I too sleep on my side all twisted up.

Because of my fibromyalgia,back problems and once broken hip, it’s hard to get comfortable. I like an firm  mattress but not too hard. I swear by my feather bed. Have a awful times sleeping away from home,also, use a body pillow to put between my legs/knees.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, my mattress topper was delivered today.  I read the paperwork that came with it and am going to trust that this flattened, misshapened thing will 'revive' itself once it's been in room temperature for 48 hours Woman Very Happy

It's dreary looking outside of my window and we're getting rain now and then.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Well, it's been 48 hours and that mattress topper looks normal.  It's no longer flat and it regained it's rectangular shape.  I'm still letting it air out.

Freddie @Winifred  I hope that you figured out the generator before they cut interrupt your power tonight.  I'm praying for you.

Respected Contributor

Stupid electric company. I called them Wednesday to double check on the shutdown as I have heard absolutely nothing since the original notice. They tell me "we aren't planning any shutdown for maintenance in the near future." I made them look again and they continued to say, no shutdown. After I buy the generator - spend that $$ for the gas mixture to run it for some hours, etc. I am very angry over all of a sudden they do not know what I am talking about. I did think it was strange as I only got an email - no letter and no phone call - that is why I called them. Well that generator may come in handy - who knows but this is a bad time financially, Hallowe'en, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Davey has a BD next week and Anthony has one on the 30th. Geesh. I am NOT a happy camper but delighted there will be no shutdown. Quite frankly I am nervous it may get shut off anyway - those companies are real dumb.

Weather is nice outside during the day - yep, we CAN sit outside and eat a bit. Will show up late morning tomorrow with those yummy bagels and coffee of course.

Hope all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

It is Sweetest Day here in Michigan.  Happy Sweetest Day to all of the sweeties who come together at the Back Fence.

Image result for sanders cream puff

Trusted Contributor

cool rainy day here and I’m hurting like crazy. My hubby,bless him, made clam chowder today. A perfect day for it. 

Have to get out to Lowe’s,maybe tomorrow,to look at new hardware for my kitchen. Want to get everything planned before we call the painter to set a date.

Hope all have a good week.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   I spent 3 hours fighting the caulk off of the wood (not too bad) and brick (that was a SOB) yesterday.  This is around my door/sidelights off the family room.  My right hand looks a little gnarly because I didn't immediately put gloves on when I started.  Today was the easy part - laying in the backer rod and new caulk.  Hopefully should cure in good before it gets colder.  I have new paint to redo the wood trim providing the weather allows it before the snow flies.

Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,I think the American dream is owning your own home. It sure takes work and sometimes a lot of money 💴. But it must be maintained to keep its value. We are fortunate in as our house is mortgage free and roughly at least worth double what we paid. I believe in keeping our home maintained. Besides that I love our home. We do as much ourselves as possible as Workman are very expensive as you know. Good luck with your repairs 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  Yea it requires work and I do as much of it myself as I can.  I love being a homeowner and one of the happiest days of my life was paying it off.  I let myself get boxed into a corner weatherwise - it was my own fault that I didn't take advantage of the weather when I had it.

Respected Contributor

Got to talk with my two little great great grands in Colorado - I sure miss them. They were so proud, Ricky has the alphabet down pat - yeah for him and Leah can spell her name and is learning the alphabet. She turned 4 Aug 29 and Ricky is in kindergarten. They seem to be doing fine but they - the )((*&*^ powers that be)  have cut my video chats down to two a month instead of weekly. JErks.

Two fires started today - one they got pretty well stomped out and NO homes burned. The firemen did an outstanding job. In San Bernardino - near us - has one going now, several homes burned - how sad. I hate those fires and they scare me to death.

Am really tired so will say goodnight!