Honored Contributor

Good for you @Epicurean  on the weather front (it's 47 here).  It's great that you are not feeling any effects from the vaccination.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

My DH and I had our second Covid shot (pfizer) Wed. Only had some soreness in arms.Our youngest son and his wife had the Johnson&Johnson vaccine and no side effects.

The week-end is almost here,the days are flying by.It is rainy and damp here. The sun comes out for a few minutes now and then.

Have a nice week-end all.

Honored Contributor

hey all

EPI so glad you had NO problem with 2nd shot.

such a beautiful day. dried clothes on line outside, dried in record time.

did chores and my 2 walks,

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

I was getting ready to settle the flock the for the night when I got my from Meijer's pharmacy.  I go for my first shot this coming Monday morning.  Moderna.

Trusted Contributor

I was surprised when I woke this AM,my site where I got my vaccination is very sore. Then I remembered that yesterday was nice,had the windows open and cleaned like crazy. Guess that explains it.

Honored Contributor

hey all day from **ll. 

new washer was delivered could not install 2 leaks found in faucets to washer cold/hot hook ups. had to find a plumber asap. dh found a plumber he came right out and found what had to be done, replaced the old faucets with new ones. he worked so hard on the repair he even cut down the part that had to be put over the hole left in the wall from the leaking that damaged the drywall. he cut down the part used for repair, did a great professional job on repair. i don't see the wall it may not be a pretty repair but is is repaired.

weather radio just sounded, severe weather is forming from cold front approaching from northwest.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@viva923  I'm not asking this in a snarky way.  Also.... my concept of time has been jacked up for a year since this pandemic.  Didn't you just get a new washer in the last year?  I've got the same dryer that I bought in 2007.  I think I replaced the washer (that came with the house) in 2008 and ended up replacing that one (Kenmore) in either 2014 or 2016.  I'd have to look at the paperwork.  All I know what I was surprised the one I bought in 2008 petered out so quickly (in my humble opinion).  I guess they really don't make them like they used to.

Honored Contributor

hey all

birdmama, didn't get a new washer,this one is 4 yrs old. i got it from sears I had Sears warrenty come out to do something back in Jan. because of this working/not working electonic pad for what kind of load I want to wash. Sears warrenty would NOT do anything, they would not touch it unless it was totally fried. i need a working washer, they way I wash.  anyway, after 4-5 months of this ( I noticed late last year about this electornic pad) was not working good at all, very intermitent working not working. it has progressively gotten worse. dh and i talked it over after a particular bad few day with washer he said just get a new one. we called around and the scarity of washers now a days (IN STOCK) is very difficult. the only washer in my town was the same make and model as the one i have now, dh just bought it for me. he was even workin the dial on the washer and it would work and not work for him, so i was not going nutty batty belfrey. when new washer delivered that is when the leaky valves were found.

anyway, not much else,

did chores,

did walk

hung huge load of clothes on washline today, sunny cool windy breezy day here.

ok guys later

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks for clarifying @viva923 I think I got your washer experience confused with another poster's experience on the daily shopaholics thread in the fashion forum.  Jesus on the mainline - I can't keep it all straight any more.

When the electronics go wonky it's gets crazy.  About a year or so after I bought my dryer in 2007 the timer went funky.  I called Sears out and the repair guy didn't have the part and said he would have to order it.  He charged me to cross the threshold of my house and said once the part came, call him to install it and he'll charge me again to cross the threshold to replace the part.  So the guy ordered the part and eventually and when it was delivered I said wait a minute (light bulb moment).  Mind you this darn thing acted up around the same time as when I replaced the dryer in the first place which was already hitting on a bad time - one year anniversary of my husband dying.

I looked at the little part and thought, hmmm, it's a small piece you plug into a mother board.  The hardest part was how in the heck do I flip the panel up to get to the mother board?  I love me some youtube and figured out how to do it.

Sears ended up calling me and asking if I got the part that was ordered.  I said, oh sure did.  The lady said so when can we make an appointment for you.  I said, gurl I replaced the part myself and it's been working since the day the part arrived, rofl.

This repair people make me sick.

Honored Contributor

hey all

4 large loads of clothes on line outside, drying nicely.

washer worked good for all 4 loads. sheet day today, fresh sheets laundered and ready to fold and put away.

not much else

did chores,

did morn walk

ok guys later.