Regular Contributor

Re: Back Fence Ladies cookbook

That is wonderful that you remember my Mom! Do you think she'll know you by your screen name?
I have some of the recipes all you ladies would email each other, she printed the ones she liked. I think I remember someone coming to visit and meet her in Florida. She would always talk about the Back Fence Ladies. 

I've been on the boards longer than she has but mostly I read them. I was the big QVC fan, she had never bought a thing. UNTIL....
 She came to visit me in PA one year and I took her to the QVC studios, we took a tour and went to a live studio audience show.  She loved it and became a huge QVC shopper, her whole house was QVC and she was dressed in QVC clothes from head to toe! From then on, every year, we'd go to the outlets, studio store, tours and live audiences when she came to visit. Many fun memories! 

Esteemed Contributor

@sonson My username back then was just shoptilyadrop.  It's funny, I've probably only purchased 15 - 20 items from the Q since the merger with CVN.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember her talking about all the emails she would get!
I remember your screen name so I'm hoping my Mom does as well! 

Thank you for responding, with the boards closing I thought I'd see if anyone was from the old days. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sonson Many of us have moved over to the new message boards (proboards) that MellyG has created.  If you haven't signed up, come on over and do so.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

There was a posters cookbook from the 1990's and it was on line somewhere for a long long time, but I don't remember where.  I have the huge printed version.  

Regular Contributor

I signed up and it looks great, thanks! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

There was a posters cookbook from the 1990's and it was on line somewhere for a long long time, but I don't remember where.  I have the huge printed version.  

@Sooner   I remember there was an online cookbook from the many contributors here at the Q but didn't realize there was a printed version.  I'll bet InkyDinkyDoo's BBQ recipe was included.  That was extremely popular years ago!

- Author Unknown
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looking at the emails my mom printed...from 2004-2006 no BBQ recipes, she printed out desserts!

Regular Contributor

I just looked up the BBQ recipe you mentioned and found it on these boards. Looking forward to making it.