Honored Contributor

Re: BOMBARDED BY HUGE SALE EMAILS

Yes, there are some great sales on now.  I'm sure retailers are trying to capture a chunk of the stimulus money that will soon be floating around.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, even the Lexus dealer assured he'd be there for us "in these unprecedented times."  Said we could find a car online, work out the details with one of his reps over the phone, and they'd deliver the vehicle right to our home.  Very kind.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes. I usually just delete them.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Shanus   I think a lot of businesses are desperate right now. 

@haddon9 

Agree. I’m getting lots of emails from stores I usually shop. Some nice discounts out there. I have purchased a few nonessential things at good prices. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

I've received a lot of emails, snail mails, catalogues and car dealership cards from Mercedes and Honda.  We have one of each (Mercedes E-class and Honda CRV) and had planned to "downsize" to one car before the CV19 hit.  That's on hold for now.  We were thinking of a Mercedes SUV or sedan or a new Honda CRV.  So undecided at this point.  Smiley Sad

In Pennsylvania where we live a car is now considered a non-essential item, and dealerships are closed until further notice.  To my knowledge the only part of the dealership that is still open is the service garage.

My shopping for now is slim, and includes one time weekly trips to the grocery store.  For now I am doing all the cooking and baking.  The only non-essential item purchased in the last month is storage containers from Amazon.  The delivery is expected to take at least 3 weeks even though I'm a Prime customer.  That's okay, I'll wait.  Smiley Happy

I have no idea what the "new normal" will be but I do know things will be very different than before.  And that is so sad and scary!!

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

I've seen an increase in emails.  I open some, delete some, opt out of others.  I've only acted on one.  Not buying for the sake of buying.

Honored Contributor

I am also bombarded daily by sale emails from stores that I regularly shop with.  They are trying not to get stuck with winter and summer clothes.   I did pick up a few items at J. Crew (including a beautiful wool blazer) and I am watching a casual jacket at Anthropology.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not, but I agree, I am also getting slammed with sale emails also. I need to go thru and unsubscribe again, not really sure it helps that much. I think someone else just takes that ones place.