Honored Contributor

BOMBARDED BY HUGE SALE EMAILS

[ Edited ]

I'm deleting at least 30 emails a day offering 40% off or more at sites where I've ordered in the past. There's free ship/free returns, too. Besides the fact, it seems I won't be wearing these clothes for more than another 6 weeks, the economy is iffy. 

Anyone really shopping these or other sales now?

Respected Contributor

Re: BOMBARDED BY HUGE SALE EMAILS

I'm not being bombarded by e-mails, but I did shop current weekend sale on the Lilly Pulitzer website. There were a few things I was interested in, but not at full price. Everything is 30% off thru tomorrow night. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Shopping is a low priority given our current challenge.  Yes, I've noticed the same offers and just delete.  Business certainly is suffering.  I am receiving lots of solicitation regarding health products for immunity and face masks.  

Honored Contributor

@ShanusWith only a few exceptions, I'm not just deleting those messages without opening them, I'm removing myself from the lists.  

Just before our world began to close in on us, I'd been buying for a planned trip -  some pretties to wear for 2 dress-up occasions, some good casual wear because I'd be seeing family for the first time in several years, and even a new hoodie to wear on the long plane ride.  All I needed as February ended was to find a new medium-sized suitcase and to replenish the carry-on kit goodies.

So now, I have a closet of brand new clothes and nowhere to go.  Not buying more in that category.

And a few weeks of home has told me I have enough "local" wear for a very long time.  I'm seriously thinking of re-doing my closets into "home"  + "out and about" + "away."

As for QVC -  made my last purchase at the end of my February push, so now it's the tail end of the EZPays.  And I watch as I've been doing for the last year -  during commercials elsewhere that I don't need for a bathroom break!

I am quite fortunate to live on a fairly nicely fixed income, but it is fixed.  If I buy now what I don't need just to support businesses, I won't be able to buy later if I need or really want something.  As they say on Shark Tank -  "I'm out."

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ShanusWith only a few exceptions, I'm not just deleting those messages without opening them, I'm removing myself from the lists.  

Just before our world began to close in on us, I'd been buying for a planned trip -  some pretties to wear for 2 dress-up occasions, some good casual wear because I'd be seeing family for the first time in several years, and even a new hoodie to wear on the long plane ride.  All I needed as February ended was to find a new medium-sized suitcase and to replenish the carry-on kit goodies.

So now, I have a closet of brand new clothes and nowhere to go.  Not buying more in that category.

And a few weeks of home has told me I have enough "local" wear for a very long time.  I'm seriously thinking of re-doing my closets into "home"  + "out and about" + "away."

As for QVC -  made my last purchase at the end of my February push, so now it's the tail end of the EZPays.  And I watch as I've been doing for the last year -  during commercials elsewhere that I don't need for a bathroom break!

I am quite fortunate to live on a fairly nicely fixed income, but it is fixed.  If I buy now what I don't need just to support businesses, I won't be able to buy later if I need or really want something.  As they say on Shark Tank -  "I'm out."

@millieshops   I agree and have plenty to wear w/o purchasing now, as well. I'm thinking we have no idea what the "new normal" (beginning to hate that phrase) will be like, but I can guess that many budgets will be tight.

Valued Contributor

I am not being sent sale emails.

I am just getting the usual ones.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus   Not a sale email but I got one from my Honda Dealership saying if I live within 10 miles of them they will come get my car, do what is needed, sanitize the car and bring it back to me for free.(not the work obviously)  Everyone is hurting.

Honored Contributor

i am getting sale emails from companies that never have sales like Brahmin.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, I get emails from places I've shopped before and some of the deals are so good I can't resist.  L&T, Macy's especially.  Don't "need" the stuff but can't turn down a good sale!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I think a lot of businesses are desperate right now. 

As for me I purchased a few replacement Fiestaware dishes that were on sale mentioned here on the boards yesterday. 

I also ordered a few clothing items here and I'm looking forward to the Alegria TSV sandals on the 14th...I think I have lost my mind since I have nowhere except my backyard to wear these things now!! 

Maybe I'll get to wear my new things someplace nice in 2021.