Trusted Contributor

Absolutely!!  I met mine and had 50 wonderful years with him.  He passed away on Valentines Day.  My Heart is broke. 

Esteemed Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

Absolutely!!  I met mine and had 50 wonderful years with him.  He passed away on Valentines Day.  My Heart is broke. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

YES, in my case!  I did not marry until my 30's, and have currently been married to my husband 31 yrs.!  When we met and dated, I knew he was the one!Heart

Honored Contributor

Yes, I believe in soulmates.

Trusted Contributor

@phluphy wrote:

So sorry for your loss!  We are just over 50 years also..I can only imagine your pain!

God bless you and thank you for responding at such a difficult time!

Esteemed Contributor

I do believe in Soulmates!  But, not the romantacized version of years ago.  I believe a true soulmate, doesn't have anything to do with a meeting of the hormones.  Rather, soulmates have a meeting of their souls, no matter what the species.  It's a meeting, a coming together of two souls, who have been together in a different lifetime or many lifetimes or maybe were just together in heaven.  Examples of this, a special closeness between a parent and child - like they always melded together, a special "knowing"; my lab, I recently lost, was also a soulmate.  Twins, for example, have a special "knowing" - as they were together at least before being born, they are soulmates.  So, yes, I do believe in Soulmates, but not in the traditional context.. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Newgate

No meager words, can mend your heartbreak...sending you, prayers and hugs!

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I do believe in Soulmates!  But, not the romantacized version of years ago.  I believe a true soulmate, doesn't have anything to do with a meeting of the hormones.  Rather, soulmates have a meeting of their souls, no matter what the species.  It's a meeting, a coming together of two souls, who have been together in a different lifetime or many lifetimes or maybe were just together in heaven.  Examples of this, a special closeness between a parent and child - like they always melded together, a special "knowing"; my lab, I recently lost, was also a soulmate.  Twins, for example, have a special "knowing" - as they were together at least before being born, they are soulmates.  So, yes, I do believe in Soulmates, but not in the traditional context.. 

That definition, I can agree with.

I had a cat, that I got as a kitten when he was still nursing on his mama (I adopted his mom too) and I loved that cat more than anything, and he me. We had a special "connection". I can't explain it. I mean, I loved all the cats that I have ever had, and I loved the two that I have now, but it was more, and deeper than "love" with Blackie (my cat). 

When he passed, I was so depressed. it felt like I had fallen in to a hole so deep.

So, yeah, I considered him to be my "soulmate".

Honored Contributor

My dh and I have been together for 42 years now. He's the love of my life.But is he my soulmate? Absolutely NOT. Hate that word.

"Pure Michigan"