Honored Contributor

Re: BAD STORMS HEADED OUR WAY

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus 

Hamburgers in the Biltmore House lobby?

Where are you?

@ECBG   I call that entire area Biltmore...have since we traveled up as a child and visited the Biltmore House. I mean the Grove Park Inn or whatever they may have renamed it. There is, however a new hotel (?) on the Biltmore property we'd love to try. 

@Shanus It's the newer on the property.  They want me to be over the lobby.  I said "No".  They were "chomping at the bit" to get me.

I work with color by choice.  I don't have to work.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus , happy to hear this!  Thanks for the update.

We had what we call 'Sheila's Brush' yesterday.  A late winter/early Spring snowstorm...15 cm.  S

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Shanus , happy to hear this!  Thanks for the update.

We had what we call 'Sheila's Brush' yesterday.  A late winter/early Spring snowstorm...15 cm.  S

@Lilysmom1   Well, I'll be darned. I never heard that expression "Sheila's Brush?" Where do you live and why do they call it that?...If you don't mind sharing.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Shanus , check out the garden forum for photos that accompany this...I am in Nova Scotia, East coast of Canada.

Yes, that's what we had yesterday...while the saying comes from Newfoundland, all the Maritime Provinces use it.

Sheila's Brush is an idiom used in Newfoundland and it refers to the last big storm of the winter season, a storm that occurs around St. Patrick's Day. The term comes from an Irish legend which says that Sheila was the saint's wife (or sister or mother) and that the snow is a result of her sweeping away the old season.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Shanus , check out the garden forum for photos that accompany this...I am in Nova Scotia, East coast of Canada.

Yes, that's what we had yesterday...while the saying comes from Newfoundland, all the Maritime Provinces use it.

Sheila's Brush is an idiom used in Newfoundland and it refers to the last big storm of the winter season, a storm that occurs around St. Patrick's Day. The term comes from an Irish legend which says that Sheila was the saint's wife (or sister or mother) and that the snow is a result of her sweeping away the old season.

Thank for the info @Lilysmom1 . That is so interesting. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

The big rain is headed your rain.  It's light now.  Shadow can finally potty.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG -

Aww! Does Shadow not go in the rain?

Our big boy refused to go out in the rain. My son and I would go out and pretend we were "going" to show him it was ok. Nope, he wouldn't budge, even though the other 2 were already out doing what they needed to do lol!

Finally my son tried to push him from behind out the door. No, he planted his hind legs like cement and would not go out. I mean we were trying not to laugh because we wanted him to take us seriously, but really I'll always smile thinking of that.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay 

When Shadow was a small pup, he would turn and run past me as I stood on the deck in my night gown!!!! 

No one could see mefor all the trees, but it's carpet or Shadow!!!!!