Frequent Contributor

B-day Gift suggestions please

Help! I need to purchase a gift for my cousin's girlfriend--60.  I have met her and chatted with her and all I know is she purchased a home, does not cook much, is a career woman, and lives in the northeast.   A cousin suggested  nice costume jewelry.  All I have come up with is a luminara candle but I prefer to give her a more personal gift and not a gift certificate, plant or flowers.  There is still time for me to order online.

Does the Q have the best selection of Luminara?  

Honored Contributor

Re: B-day Gift suggestions please

How nice of you to get a gift for a cousin's girlfriend!  I would get a plant - saw some nice ones today at Terrain.  Check out their site; they have a lot of nice and unusual things besides plants.

Honored Contributor

If she doesn't cook much maybe a gift certificate for a restaurant.  You could ask your cousin what she likes rather than get something that is just stuff.  You may think somethng is a more personal gift but to her it just may be stuff she cannot use.  

Esteemed Contributor

A good book is always welcome! Check out some best sellers at B&N. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

i have many luminara and impressions.

my fav is the scent cartridge luminara.  very subtle light scent for my entire master.  i have vanilla sea salt.   the cartridges last forever, yet it comes with 3.  i haven't replaced the cartridge in over a yr.  replaced the batteries once.  i have it on timer, 5 hr per day.

it does not have to be used with the scent cartridge if one has issues with scents.  and other scents can be found for purchase.  

they are beautifully packaged, perfect for an elegant gift.

https://www.qvc.com/Luminara-7%22-Flameless-Candle-with-Choice-of-Scent-Cartridge.product.H218766.ht...

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, it's a kind of a home warming gift, @maisiebrook? Do you know if she likes to entertain? If so, a nice serving tray set, or wine with glasses. 

If your time is short, and you're set on the Luminara candles.. Amazon, BB&B and eBay also sells them. Any of those retailers may get them to you quicker. 

Williams and Sonoma also has a nice gift selection- other than just cookware. 

Many professionals also still use Day Timers, though I know most use electronic devices now. 

If you know her decor taste, a nice throw and a good book, or music selection. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sephora gift card 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know your budget, but you cannot go wrong with ANYTHING Linea by Louis Dell Oliio jewelry or

my Best Pick: A302608 scarf in black multi, also Linea.

A very impressive gift at just over $35.00.

You're welcome.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has beautiful gift cards. They can be sent as a  package. 

Valued Contributor

I would get her a gift card to a restaurant or a store/website that has a variety of things she can buy.  I have been gifted plants -- which I have no interest in -- and candles -- which I absolutely hate.  This has taught me not to gift somebody something because I happen to l like it!!!