Honored Contributor

Re: Awww A Special New Bond With Land Lines 😋

Catfishing - a person creates a false identity to deceive and target someone, often for financial gain. They will try to get as much personal info as possible from you and use what you tell them to prey on any weaknesses, such as being lonely and looking for friendship. It’s a real problem on social media sites.

While I don’t know if that is the case with the woman who called you, it would be wise to walk away and not interact with her to be safe.
Respected Contributor

I have to agree with everyone's advice.  Block her number immediately.  She is not a "friend". 

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, something is fishy about this alright.

You started a conversation/"friendship" with a "wrong number"?

Who does that?

A show of hands from the gallery of everyone who started a friendship that started from a wrong number being dialed.

Yeah, it just doesn't happen.

And of course a criminal is not going to admit to being a criminal to your face.

They're going to lie!

That's what they do!

They lie in order to gain your trust and so that you'll let your guard down.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I looked at the NAME and PHONE NUMBER...and googled it.

It came up as "MY LIFE".... some weird thing profile...and yes, the woman who called me, her name is listed. I took a screen shot. Her husband is listed too and many others. I am sure if I reached the end, the full report would tell me to pay money to see the report. It said he had been arrested etc.. I shut the report down before it finished. 

I put a block on. 

Yes, I got scammed again. 

Yes, I googled catfishing. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

Thank you all very much.Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbrite -

I'm so sorry that happened to you.

What is wrong with people out there who do this to people?!

Anyway, she can't "mistakenly" call you again so be safe, be well

Image result for a hug

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Awww A Special New Bond With Land Lines 😋(SCAMMED)

Glad you blocked her number & My Life doesn't have correct information either...I'm listed as a Muslim from Iraq with a criminal record but I'm a Christian born in the USA & I don't even have a speeding ticket. So many scams, we need to keep up with them to stay save online & in our homes. Take care @cbrite .

Esteemed Contributor

If anything, this just goes to show that one can't be too trusting these days.

That just because a stranger seems nice and friendly, doesn't mean that they are.

Unfortunately, in today's world, one can't be naive,  and gullible and automatically believe everything that a stranger says,

One has to constantly keep their guard up, and if something seems unbelievable, or too good to be true, or like a "coincidence", then most likely, it isn't legit.

That's just the world we live in today.

Self-protection comes first.

I'm talking about people and society in general, and no one person specifically.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I hope that you didn't give her personal information....

Trusted Contributor

@cbrite wrote:

I usually do not answer my phone if I do not know the #.... and I have a land line....most times I hit 'block number'....BUT

incredibly today, for some reason, I picked up..... 

A lovely voice on the other end said she'd re dialed (my) this number and who am I..... well, I did not call her so a conversation began between us.......She is from England but living in my City in the mountain areas with her DH....

We established we were not robo / nor some weirdo... and she was so kind in asking me how I was and we spoke about all the animals where she lives....and how we enjoy them...☺️

Can you believe that ..... a real person with another land line, and however it happened, we began a friendship of sorts... and we both said "Hold on to my # and call any time at all!".....

😌 Magic I guess....💫

Sorry...this is NOT magic.  It is a RED FLAG.   Block her number.   Definitely a SCAM.