Honored Contributor

@viva923   About the flu - I think when folks were masking hardly anybody caught the flu.  Now that people are circulating more unmasked I wouldn't be surprised to read flu goes nuts.  Gonna go over and read about the foot doctor.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@viva923   Oh Geez and folks wonder why I get most doctors (not all) the stink eye.  I'm so glad you finally hit a good foot doctor.

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   I'm glad that your daughter is resting and rehydrating.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here.

WINDOWS ARE OPEN for a change. just delightful outside, so comfortable.kids are playing outside.

lawn man is suppose to come today don't know as to when.

did minor chores today, prepped for saturday clean

did morn walk, had to change my sock when i got home. the walking shoe does not protect front foot area (toes),so my toes touch the ground when I walk,

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  and everyone, someone posted a video and two pics on my neighborhood site of this hawk, wish I knew how to copy the video so you could see the feathers moving and the real beauty of this bird.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today

sunny comfortable day,windows are open fans in windows.

did normal chores

did morn walk

back in regular walker shoes, foot is still swollen but did ok for morn walk in walker shoe.

have bandaids on stitches

can take a normal shower tonight HOORAY, passed my test LOL

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Oh man--I'll bet that shower is going to feel sooo good!🚿

Glad to hear your recovery is going well.👍

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@viva923   About the flu - I think when folks were masking hardly anybody caught the flu.  Now that people are circulating more unmasked I wouldn't be surprised to read flu goes nuts.  Gonna go over and read about the foot doctor.

@Bird mama   I don't think I will ever go out of the house without a mask, too risky.

DD and boyfriend are supposed to come this Christmas,. but I am nervous because she has had covid and is around people, as is he, so guess I will wear a mask, maybe make it Christmasy, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   Regarding the hawk.  I observed the majestic flight of a hawk today when I walked into my backyard after I saw a cluster of feathers.  Yep, the hawk nailed a pigeon and I walked out with my nitrile gloves on to start picking up the feathers.  The hawk took the headless pigeon a few feet over as I picked up the feathers.  I paused and said, so, you doing carry out or what?  The hawk perched on the fence that separates my yard from the neighbor's yard.  I was still squatting and picking up the first pile of feathers and said, clock is ticking dude, you doing carry out or what? 

In the spirit of understanding how harsh the summer has been I didn't rush the hawk with a broom or rake.  I spoke softly and hawk chose to leave and therefore forfeit the meal. 

My youngest great niece's birthday is later this month and I'm expecting a text about some kind of get together.  The last get together for the other great niece's 5th grade graduation was in the backyard in June and my anxiety was off the chart when the unvaccinated branch of the family tree showed up.  

The logical and usually dominant part of me (Virgo) says, if it's outside and you keep a friendly distance Bernie you will be fine.  I also realize that I am in the minority of folks who have managed to dodge this thing for 2 1/2 years and odds are my luck is gonna run out. 

I'm a cusp born baby though so the other side of me (Leo) says I really don't want get long hauler ( I'm not worried about dying).  I suppose I can wait for the text and watch the weather and if it's outside attend and keep a friendly distance like I did in June. I won't be seeing this people once the weather changes and everything is indoor. 

I never stopped masking in public places.  I don't know if and when I'll ever feel comfortable in a theatre again.  I've eaten delicious dinners - carry out.  I have to be honest about it - I've never been a social butterfly.  Yea I liked going out to eat occasionally and I liked movies.  For the most part this pandemic has not broken my stride.  I understand how it could be a torment for my social sisters and brothers out there.

Trusted Contributor

I'm with you  Birdmama,we don't go out. We were the only two people wearing a mask at the wedding. I don't care what anyone thinks. I'm almost 77 and Im not risking getting anything. 
So nice sleeping with the open windows last night. It's to be nice again tonight.

Hard to believe that my daughter and SIL are married 28 years today.