Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,you are 100% correct. My hubby retired from the S. S.,he would tell you. Don't grab a gun unless you expect to use it. 
I loved that bat😁,there must be no bugs around where h e lives.😂

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  Would you believe that the poor bat is fighting for it's life because people poach it?  Sure, when you see a black one hanging upside down, the name Nosferatu might cross your mind Woman Tongue  It eats bugs and fruit, why in the heck would someone hunt a peaceful bat down and poach it.  The longer I live, the less I like the human race - I don't understand it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

it's a sad fact that man kills animals just for "the fun" of it. Bats are amazing and keep the pest population down.

Honored Contributor

hello all

really not to much here

had a thunderstorm roll thru about 10 pm 'ish last night,it was moving fast, it was a nasty storm but in and out in zero time flat.

little to no wind today don't know if clothes will dry outside. did all my normal morn rituals, did morn walk.

not much else right now guys later.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama @viva923 @mousiegirl @Epicurean  

Greetings to everyone. It's been a long couple of days and I haven't done a lot of posting or reading posts. @viva923  your story of your BIL made me cringe. I am glad things all worked out ok. Right now so many catalytic converters (sp?) are being stolen due to their worth of approx. $1500 Maybe that guy was scoping the vehicle out. I hope if there is a next time that he calls 911.

DD while working Tuesday had to be taken in ambulance to ER She works at the hospital, but it's a huge one. She got so sick that they wound up admitting her. They done several tests and labs and still am not sure what happened. She went home last night and they think she got a viral infection.  Thank God she didn't have Covid or any thing like that. They checked out with a fine tooth comb. It seems like it something all the time with this family. 

I am going to the eye doctor this morning for my annual exam. I know I need a new prescription. I hate the dilation, but it is what it is. 

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   Many of us are so focused on the coronavirus and (me personally) the monkeypox that I think we forget that there are other, somewhat run of the mill bugs circulating out there.  I hope your daughter recovers from whatever virus is ailing her sooner rather than later.

Good luck at the eye doctor.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

The CDC came out today and said that the flu virus this year could be a whopper for the younger folks. they expect a huge number of people to get the flu.

it is semi cloudy with few peaks of sunshine. looks like rain any minute right now.

did normal clean, did do morn walk wore a gallon size plastic bag around my bad foot didn't want foot to get dirty (I have sock on it, but we are so humid here and we did have rain overnight lots of puddles on the road i walk just to keep everything clean for my doctor check today)

not much else.later guys 

no hang out today.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not sure if anyone wants to read about my posts about foot doctor check what happened what he told me today. it is in SUMMER OCEAN BREEZE page 560 should be top post. wrote a lengthy article post.

not to much else. later guys.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama 

Thank you for mentioning my DD. She slept almost all day today. I am so thankful that she is home. She's off the rest of this week and she will need that to catch up on her rest and recuperation. She lost a lot of her electrolytes so she's drinking things with a lot of them in it. She doesn't like gatoraide.. I don't like it either. She was told there are a lot of different "flu" virus's floating around right now..Isn't that a bit of terrific?

Eye appointment went pretty good. I do need a stronger script for my bifocal. That was no surprise for me. Cataracts in both eyes, but are not ready to come out.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend hopefully.. fingers crossed!! 

Trusted Contributor

Tonight it's actually going to be in the low to middle 60's. Finally,can sleep with the windows open tonight. 👏💤🦉😁😴🛌🪟