Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Even now that I know these bats exist it wouldn't be any easier for me to see one in person. I'd be passed out. I'd probably have a stroke or a heart attack. I can't imagine coming across one those bats. It's amazing DH and I haven't seen something on NOVA or PBS about these things.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Leeny wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Even now that I know these bats exist it wouldn't be any easier for me to see one in person. I'd be passed out. I'd probably have a stroke or a heart attack. I can't imagine coming across one those bats. It's amazing DH and I haven't seen something on NOVA or PBS about these things.  

@Leeny   LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

It's been so darn hot this weekend. It's unbearable to do anything outside. We managed to get to church this morning, but we didn't stay for coffee and Bible study.

Spectrum came this afternoon to check out our cable/TV/Internet and telephone. All have been acting up. Of course they couldn't do anything as the part we need is on order and they are out.. OH SURPRISE on that answer.

Went grocery shopping yesterday and that was a very fast trip since their air was not working in the store,. I thought I'd pass out. 

I just finished balancing the checkbook. That was another fun job. Not my error, but one of the stores I go to. I forgot about that ding up and so this month's balance didn't jive right away and about a half hour into it a light bulb went off and I remembered that goof up. The old brain isn't what she use to be I guess. And to think I was an accountant. LOL

Honored Contributor

hey guys

I have seen photos of those bats in a couple photos this past week. guess they can grow to 7 feet tall, they are so devilish looking, wonder why they are now coming out ,they have been around for who knows how long but lately photos have been popping up. i would not want to meet them any time or any place

not much today

did normal rituals today

did morn walk

when i got back hung out clothes on lines

not much else.later guys

Honored Contributor

@Leeny   Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hello all

dh brother called him yesterday. he lives in the san diego area,he is 55 or so old,he is an attorney at law of some kind, we have not seen him in at least 25-30 years or so.

seems dh brother was awakened sunday morn about 3am or so .he does not know what caused him to wake up, but dh brother got up to check around the house,he said he saw a guy walking by his house with hoodie type clothing item, he watched the guy begin to walk away, stop come back and this hoodie guy began to rifle with his wife car. he got his gun (he is a legal owner of gun) walked out to this guy that was trying to break into his wife car and asked this guy what he was doing.the guy answered with some kind of spacey answer and began walking away. brother walked back into the house then it hit him what was he thinking confronting an unknown person at 3am or so in the morn with a gun. he said it hit him like a brick in the middle of his eyes.he was so frightened by what could have happened (and didn't). 20-20 is hindsight sometimes. he should have called the police. he is so glad nothing happened no shooting, this really deeply scared him tremendously. he called dh about 1130am their time just to try and calm down.

not much else tonight.

met up with our granddaughter (age 18) at friendly's tonight with a friend who is a boy (I like Matt) we took them out to eat for a treat.

ok clothes are done in dryer, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  and everyone, how would you like to see one of these around your home - not I!  There are so many sightings of Mt. Lions coming so close to homes, they are caught on their cameras at night.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   Yea your brother in law's night could have gone sideways in a hurry and he was lucky it did not.  First of all, sad as it is, you almost have to assume the other party also has a gun. 

A gun is not a toy and you don't pull one unless you're prepared to fire it and understand you could take a life.  I'm not picking on your brother in law.  In general our society fetishizes firearms.  

I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your granddaughter and her friend.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   My goodness.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much today

did normal rituals

did morn walk came home totally soaked,was dripping wet,had my bottle water/umbrella with me. just did inner loop today (short walk)

clothes on lines,later guys