May be an image of nature

Honored Contributor

May be an image of bird, outdoors and brick wall

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'Bonne Nuit Good Night'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   We've had drought here so the clover and dandelions dried up.  GG likes to eat the wildbird seed that I put out.  I've also been leaving a serving of broccoli, cabbage, kale and kohlrabi next to the water bowl.  The generations of Gerry that lived here for almost 20 years ate pretty much the same thing and got chunky.  I think the key is frequency.  The Gerry's ate several times a day and I am now only seeing GG come during the day.  

I'm working on building trust with GG like I did with all of the Gerrys.  It would have been easier if GG would have allowed it earlier in the season, but it is what it is.  I got another great photo yesterday which I will post sometime this morning.  This groundhog is like a cat.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Mary Kay @possummink  that's beautiful.  Now the unstable weather extremes are becoming less extreme and more the norm, every little bit helps. I feel for coyotes and wolves.  People like them about as much as they like pigeons - they hate 'em.  Human sprawl is causing great stress on wildlife; it's our fault.

Honored Contributor

@possummink   At about 5 to 11 last night there was a crack of thunder and flash of lightening so strong it made me jump.  Boy did we get heavy rain for 30 minutes or so, it overwhelmed the gutters even though they weren't clogged up.  I kept flipping the patio light on to make sure the baby sparrow in the white birdhouse didn't fall out.  I think her parents are trying to get her to fledge and she didn't fall for it yesterday.  I fell asleep to flashes of lightening at around quarter to 12.  Been a long time since I've seen and heard that much lightening and thunder.

Honored Contributor

GG relaxing on the front porch watching the world go by yesterday at 7:40 pm.  

IMG_20220804_193923242 (400x300).jpg

Honored Contributor

hello all

cloudy very humid,storms are predicted for this afternoon/evening. last night we had a power packing storm. dh and i were in the town 15 south of us for a recital for my high school senior granddaughter, we just finished the recital and lightening was seen far off, we drove home got caught in the middle of the storm, raining so hard you couldn't see the road. more storms today hope they are not bad, talked with neighbor man today,he said we lost power internet during last night storms.

did my walk this morn (the inside loop walk)

not much else.later guys

hair cut today my hair cutter lady is out with covid, having a fill in cut my hair hope cut is good

ok guys later.

Trusted Contributor

I hope you all don't get mad,insulted by what I think it's great that we all love wild animals,but,I believe anyone who works with them will tell you that they should not depend on humans for food. It's natural for them to forage,hunt for themselves. Also,you don't want to encourage them to live around,under your home. They can do a huge amount of damage to your home,property and theselves. Try calling your local game warden. They will trap them,safely,and move them to a proper location. 
Been there and done this,just my personal opinion.