Honored Contributor

Re: August 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Good grief @mousiegirl  one would assume the ER doctor would communicate with primary care doctor so that the primary care doctor would follow up and provided maintenance.  Veterimary care has gone to hel* in a handbasket. 

@Bird mama   It certainly has!  The Vet who saw Remmy earlier this year and whom was to be at the appointment was the first in eons that really seemed to be on it, so to speak, even called me to talk about the Apoquel that both are on, the others seem to have no interest beyond the appointment.

The ER vet sent all info the same day, so don't know if this PC vet read it, the vet at the time wasn't available for the appointment the following week so another vet appeared.  There is really common sense to this, but who has that anymore, seems to have been omitted from the younger generation.

Why would my pup have to see a cardiologist a few weeks later when all tests were performed, so this PC should learn something from this, she seemed a bit flaky to me.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of flower and text

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

foot is done, not feeling the best, reaction to the anathestia (sorry for mispelling)

a crunch bag full of bone was found, 2 huge bowling balls found on bottom of foot. he said no wonder i have been complaining about pain walkin. he had to make several teeny=tiny incisions to get all the excess bone out. doc said i am a rarity usually when the bone is gotton out at 1st surgery it stays gone but in my case it just grows back.

ok guys later.

@viva923 

Viva,  I am glad your surgery is now in the past and that you'll be healing completely and quickly.   Hope the nausea from the anesthesia goes away soon, so uncomfortable feeling.   Take it slow and let your foot heal before doing any long walks.   I hope this is the last surgery you'll have to have on your poor foot.   Hugs and blessings.  

May be an image of flower, nature and text that says 'Have a Beautiful Day Posted The skylark's Th dream'

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'EVERY MORNING STARTS A NEW PAGE IN YOUR STORY. MAKE IT A GREAT ONE TODAY. Painted Barn Studio Cindy Nelsor Happy Thursday!'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Got two pictures of GG late this afternoon.

I was laying on the floor when I snuck this one.  Don't let the fur fool you, this is a skinny groundhog.

IMG_20220804_173031837_HDR (400x328).jpg

After GG ate he/she decided to chill on the front porch.  The sun was behind the house and you have to look hard because I took the photo through the tipped blinds.

IMG_20220804_173556354 (400x300).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: August 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

I was laying on the floor when I snuck this one.  Don't let the fur fool you, this is a skinny groundhog.

After GG ate he/she decided to chill on the front porch.  The sun was behind the house and you have to look hard because I took the photo through the tipped blinds.

@Bird mama   How will you fatten GG?  It's so hot, hopefully he/she is drinking the wter you leave, at least.

Maybe you can go on a hunting/gathering trip for : Smiley Happy

• Greens like lettuce, alfalfa, clovers, dandelions, daisies, red mulberry and hackberry leaves.
  • Trees (specifically bark and twigs) like black cherry and dogwood.
  • Vegetation like carrots, celery, corn, peas, and beans.
  • Fruits like berries, cherries and apples.
  • Insects like June bugs, snails and grasshoppers.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

@Bird mama   How will you fatten GG?  It's so hot, hopefully he/she is drinking the wter you leave, at least.

Maybe you can go on a hunting/gathering trip for : Smiley Happy

• Greens like lettuce, alfalfa, clovers, dandelions, daisies, red mulberry and hackberry leaves.
  • Trees (specifically bark and twigs) like black cherry and dogwood.
  • Vegetation like carrots, celery, corn, peas, and beans.
  • Fruits like berries, cherries and apples.
  • Insects like June bugs, snails and grasshoppers.

@Bird mama 

Bernie,  Love the photos of GG.   I have a coyote that's been hanging around my yard off and on now for most of the summer.   I don't mind having him here as there aren't many safe places for critters like him.  Most people would want him dead or gone, but where do they go with so much of their habitat paved over with homes, stripmalls, highways, etc.   He's thin and kind of shaggy looking so I put food and scraps out for him.  I haven't resorted to buying dog food for him yet, don't want the raccoons to get it.   The 'yote' likes being in the grass in my back yard but now and then I see him up near my car.  He's seen me and watches a bit, but then goes and hides.   I think he stays in the shed/barn when it rains and that's fine with me.   Whatever it takes to make his life a bit easier and safer.   He does yowl or howl when the fire trucks go by or and ambulance.   Startled me the firs time I heard him do it several weeks back,,  that's how I knew he was here.   He announced his presence.  Very skittish and jumpy though.  

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

May be an image of standing, nature and lightning

May be an image of nature and lightning

Photos take by a photographer who lives about 50 miles west of my home, in Washington, Missouri.   We had heavy storms move though here yesterday evening and night picking up 5 more inches of rain on top of the 12 plus inches last Tuesday morning.   Amazing amounts of rain in such short time periods.   Here near my  home we had thousands of lightning strikes.  I was so afraid of my house or trees getting hit by it..  It just went on and on.  Below is a photo of a screen shot I took from one of my weather aps on my cell phone showing the lightning in our area.  My place is in the center cluster near the top.