Honored Contributor

hey all

foot is done, not feeling the best, reaction to the anathestia (sorry for mispelling)

a crunch bag full of bone was found, 2 huge bowling balls found on bottom of foot. he said no wonder i have been complaining about pain walkin. he had to make several teeny=tiny incisions to get all the excess bone out. doc said i am a rarity usually when the bone is gotton out at 1st surgery it stays gone but in my case it just grows back.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey all

foot is done, not feeling the best, reaction to the anathestia (sorry for mispelling)

a crunch bag full of bone was found, 2 huge bowling balls found on bottom of foot. he said no wonder i have been complaining about pain walkin. he had to make several teeny=tiny incisions to get all the excess bone out. doc said i am a rarity usually when the bone is gotton out at 1st surgery it stays gone but in my case it just grows back.

ok guys later.

@viva923   Hoepfully, this time it stays gone.

Have you ever watched My Feet are Killing Me?  Very interesting the maladies that feet can have and how they are repaired.

Respected Contributor

@viva923 

Hope this surgery took care of all those bones and you won't have to go through anymore surgeries. Don't be doing any foot races anytime soon. Take it easy and the laundry will have to wait awhile Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Just a short note, I had my labs today and that darn magnesium is still Low. I haven't heard from my doctor yet regarding to have the infusion. I am a little disgusted at the moment. I am in a catch 22. One of my meds is causing this and I can't go off of it. There is absolutely no replacement for it. Sheesh. I hate getting old. I think I am going to bed.

Honored Contributor

@viva923   Glad they think they got it all.  I had a bone spur removed from my right index finger, the first knuckle from the nail bed.  That was in the 90's.  I had to get it removed again about within 10 years.  ****** thing is coming back and for the life of me I don't know what started it all.

For you, it might be your feet.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hello all

I asked the doctor the same thing yesterday why are these bones constantly coming back. He  has no known answer as the doctor said yesterday this is an oddity.

not much today. took out my walker and walked up and down 2x's-- the two blocks up and 2 blocks down to get me moving again.

still am quite tired.

not much else guys.later.

Honored Contributor

A couple of things from yesterday:

It was not a great weather day for the wildlife.  Temps in the 90's with high humidity that made it feel like 102-104 degrees. 

This is a photo of my front porch from when I was refinishing the support columns in 2020.

IMG_20200926_144408313_HDR (2) (300x400).jpg

There is more porch floor between the door (see doormat) and driveway (see downspout) than door and leafy shrub.  As you can see there is an evergreen shrub in front of the driveway side of my porch. 

On and off for decades, groundhogs jump behind the shrub and live under the front porch.

I glanced out of the blinds in the front door late yesterday morning and saw something laying in the froggy position or sploot (whichever you prefer) near the support column nearest the driveway.

What a Cat's Sleeping Position Says about Them

We have irresponsible cat owners on the block so the first thing that crossed my mind was that a cat was chilling on the front porch in the shade.  The blinds in my front door window are mounted in between 2 panes of glass.  I lifted the blinds and got a better look - it was GG the groundhog.  GG was just rolling around like he/she owned the place.

GG looked at me when I opened the inside door.  When I started to open the storm door, GG went under the front porch.  I googled what groundhogs eat and since I have no dandelions or clover to offer, I pulled out the Mann's Power Blend slaw mix.  It has cabbage, kale, broccoli and kholrabit - good things that groundhogs eat.  I've seen GG drink out of the bowl so I left a small bowl of water.   Can't say GG partook in either yesterday and I refreshed the water and replaced the veggies this morning.  I really need to fatten that groundhog up before the hibernation.

I have no photos.  There was too much glare between the 2 panes of glass in the door and the glass in the storm door.  This is what happens when you clean your window Woman Very Happy you get nothing but reflections.

Other good thing that happened yesterday.  We got rain and I mean we really got rain.  You know it's been dry when the first sprinkles of rain start coming down and robins come flying down from trees in anticipation of good eats.

I think we might be getting more rain today and I am not mad about it.  

Honored Contributor

hey all

did an inside loop around my development walk this morn, it is a shortened walk but a good walk. my doctor said i could walk am walking building up to full development walk

no walk this afternoon way to hot and humid came home soaked this morn.

feeling much better not as worn out draggy feeling. just pinchy of pain in foot,nothing spectular.

fed ex is dropping sunday delivery around the U.S. begin 15 august. they could drop saturday next announcement on web this morn.

not much else,later guys

Honored Contributor

Re: August 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama  I think I mentioned that I took my girl to the PC vet a week after her emergency.  Her vitals and a blood test were done, and dosage of diuretic was lowered.  I called a week later to make an appointment for another test to be sure we were on the right track with meds, and was told that I had to go back to the ER, which I did not understand, and was certain that I did not have to go back.

I emailed a letter to ER vet, never received a response, so called this morning, and was told that she had responded, and that I am to continue with the PC vet unless there is an emergency again.

So, I called the PC this morning, by this time I am so disgusted, do not have faith in any of them, and now have an appointment for a week from this Friday.

I remember my previous vet in another city, always saw him as he was it, no BS like this to contend with.  I never know what vet I will see until I get there, they don't stay long.

Honored Contributor

Good grief @mousiegirl  one would assume the ER doctor would communicate with primary care doctor so that the primary care doctor would follow up and provided maintenance.  Veterimary care has gone to hel* in a handbasket.