Respected Contributor

@viva923 

It's no fun to be looking at crown work, but at least your DH has his bridge. I hate going to the dentist as I get older and older. My last dentist told me my teeth would last me the rest of my life. I am holding him to that statement. 

As for you is your surgery tomorrow? If so good luck and may you have a quick recovery. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

Birdmama, 10am surg HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING different. report by 8am (but will be earlier-traffic into the heart of wilmington in a.m. is a nightmare,so we are  leaving here about 5am.)

did my afternoon walk, not much else,later guys

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   MY vision is o.k.now thank heavens.Hope that things will go back to normal and stay there.

Honored Contributor

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Août ALOUSE Joyeux Mois d'Août ** ** Happy August ** FB/Ephéméride Seasonal Calendar Love & Peace'

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

A pair of Great Blue Heron chicks in a nest near the Owl nest camera in the Savannah area.   They've been monitoring this nest more since the Osprey's haven't nested in the other nest as of yet,  doubt that they will this late in the brooding season.   Hope the owls come back later this year. 

Honored Contributor

May be an image of text that says 'AUGUST May your health improve. May your friends be blessed. May your family be loved. May your finances multiply May your pains be less. May your worries disappear. May you be blessed. LESSONS ESSONSTALIGHT'

@Bird mama 

Bernie,   Thank you so much for our August perch.   Am headed to the dentist,  so much fun,  NOT,  but essential I guess for good health.  

I am glad GG has made an appearance and hope he/she stays in your yard and away from the neighbor.   

BBL,  God willing and the cricks don't rise!! 

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama   Yes, normally in Summer, I hear what sounds like thousands of grasshoppers, my favorite sound at that time, this year only a few, will let you know if more come along.

Honored Contributor

Re: August 2022 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Hi @RNbynite   How exciting about the doves.  I'm glad you spotted a cricket and praying mantis.  I realize folks aren't crazy about bugs however bugs pollinate flowers and crops and keep the world going.

@Bird mama   I have learned to appreciate the newts and garden lizzies as they eat the bad bugs and help my garden thrive, but when a larger one darts out in front of me as I am walking, it causes a yelp, not nearly as loud as it used to be, LOL.

Every time I go outside there is a WABBIT!  There must be a lot more than I realize, heeeelp!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love baby birds Mary Kay @possummink  because they look so awkward and prehistoric at that age.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise