Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl   my advice is this.  If you feel even a twinge of an ache or pain, take some kind of painkiller like advil or tylenol.  Don't try to ride it out, get ahead of it.  I had the Moderna and the second dose required me to take an advil two times in one day and then not again.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@mousiegirl   my advice is this.  If you feel even a twinge of an ache or pain, take some kind of painkiller like advil or tylenol.  Don't try to ride it out, get ahead of it.  I had the Moderna and the second dose required me to take an advil two times in one day and then not again.

@Bird mama   I thought about Ibuprofen tonight, but decided to wait, but if I do feel any discomfort, I will guzzle them, lol.

Honored Contributor

hey guys

not much here

just finished folding clothes, can't hang out yet, basket to heavy with wet clothes, so have to use dryer. will not like it when electric bill comes in.

lawn man came,he mowed and fixed the siding on the house. he had the right tools and ladder. when we had our house power washed in may, the guy we got, tore off some of the siding. bobby lawn man was able to pop all back into place and get thehouse back to good shape.

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I saw these little guys from Valerie Parr Hill's fall preview and I immediately thought of you!😆   (H229886, just in case.😉)

CF1DEA5F-0344-41CE-9074-81A42297359F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

dh and i did cleaning. he did the heavy stuff,i did the light cleaning. between the 2 of us we got the back half of house done for week. tomorrow i will do the living room/dining room.

not much else.

heat warm today but not that steamy awful humid stuff we had for 5 days, windows are open.  dh did let me hang out today, he carried the heavy laundry basket outside for me and i hung up the clothes.

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

Boy,we are tired already today.Got upstairs all set for the carpet installers tomorrow. All's left is take the one lamp left in BR ,and strip the bed in the morning. I told my hubby,don't ask me to move it's exhausting! 
We had LOUD thunderstorms last  night,and some good rain. Phones woke us up W/ warning of 80 mph winds. Thank heavens it did not come near us.

Honored Contributor

those are cute @geezerette 

Honored Contributor

It's currently 78 degrees here, nice breeze and no humidity.  It was like this yesterday too and I've enjoyed having the windows open during the daytime.  I did the yard work yesterday after 2 weeks.  Lord Woman Happy did I have lots of walnuts on the ground in the backyard after the stormy weather earlier in the week.  5 bags full of yard waste for this week's collection.  Each bag is heavy too - I put 2 bags in the wheelbarrow at a time and roll them to the curb on pick up day.  Smarter not harder - don't want to throw out my right shoulder.

Honored Contributor

hello all

EPI, moving is HARD WORK,but somehow you push thru and I was a whole lot younger when I moved all those many times in the service. you wonder how you did it. that i why i never moved once we settled in my town.we did it so much, we just could not move again.

hope all goes well in the install.

not much else guys later

Respected Contributor

Re: August 2021 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

Good Morning everyone. Thought I had best stop by and say hello. Sorry to have missed out on contributing for a spell. Sometimes those things happen, just could not do it. Am still kicking but not much and not very high. LOL.

Going to be a miserable day so say the experts. Great, just what everyone needs.

Possum, how have you been? Bird mama, are you behaving? Hope not too much. To all others, a big Hello - have missed everyone.

Need to get a move on as it takes forever to do that. Have a great day everyone.

Possum, forgot to mention I saw - and enjoyed - the pictures of Conrad. Love it.