Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Willow is a beauty @possummink   See, it was a sign that you go visit your granddaughter - St. Francis had a little something something waiting for you Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@possummink  Thank you for your kind thoughts.  It will be two weeks this Saturday since my brother-in-law contracted Covid-19 and my sister has had it about a week and a half now.  I think they have turned a corner but still not over all the symptoms (coughs, headaches, fatigue hanging on).  It’s been a rough go even though they did not need oxygen assistance. My sister said it’s a flu unlike any she has ever experienced. 

I cleaned my hummingbird feeder today and refilled it and the ant moat above it. Hoping to see more hummingbirds before the end of summer.   And maybe another goldfinch drinking from the moat. 😁

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

hey all

weather service confirmed it was an EF 1 tornado that travel non stop near 30 miles.

not much else. See all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

7 Facts About Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds You Should Know

As I was getting ready to open the storm door on the back porch to go run an errand,  a tiny Ruby Throated Humming bird was just on the other side of the door, hovering above the back steps.  He was so very close.  No idea why he was there as there are no flowers or feeder in that area.  I was so happy to see this little one.   I don't put food out for them as I have too much trouble with squirrels and raccoons going after my feeders, plus I had ants when I did try feeding them

My granddaughter in OK just bought a Hummingbird feeder,  fixed up the food, (no red dye),   and hung it on her front porch near her porch swing.  Within a couple of hours, while she was sitting in the porch swing,  a little hummer came to eat and she was so excited she jumped up to watch and of course scared the little guy away.   It's her first feeder and later the hummer did come back.   She was as happy as a clam. Heart

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird, sky and outdoor, text that says 'Nifty Sixty Photography'

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: bird and plant

Honored Contributor