Respected Contributor

Re: August 2020 Bird's Nest

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

Thank you for posting your blueberry bread recipe!  It looks and sounds delicious.  We love all the ingredients so I will be making it either today or tomorrow.  I too will add more blueberries.

@possummink 

We finally have hummers here and we are enjoying them.  I hope you get to see the hummer again.  Love your pic of Willow and Biscuit.  They both look so comfy.

Honored Contributor

Image may contain: flower, plant, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Happy Friday morning good morning friday quotes good morning friday

Respected Contributor

Good Morning Conrad and Possum. So many people love Hummers - just wish we had the volumes we once did. Do have a couple stop by each day but we use to swarm with those critters. They sure can be feisty at times and can buzz like crazy too.

Delightful to hear about the feeder your granddaughter put up Possum.. Bet she was excited but yes, they do spook easily.

Another nice day on tap, was heavenly as for two whole days did NOT have to turn on coolers. Yes indeed. May have to do that today but the experts say temps will not go above 90 degrees. We shall see.

Garbage truck "forgot" to pick up my trash container yesterday - also my next door neighbors. Everyone else got all their containers picked up. I even called them about noon to tell them I suspect we had been forgotten. Of course not they say, they probably had a full truck, etc and etc they have until 6 p.m. to get there. Well of course they never showed up. Darn it anyway. Also have to go BACK  to the pharmacy as they changed the packaging on my alondronate and I cannot get them out of the packages. May sound weird but if you have arthritis in the hands you become a bit limited. They forgot to do it so got to take it back and have them put them in a container for me. Hate to do that but I simply cannot remove them with the new strong and tight packaging. Oh well.

Hope all enjoy their day!! Stay cool.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Good Morning Conrad and Possum. So many people love Hummers - just wish we had the volumes we once did. Do have a couple stop by each day but we use to swarm with those critters. They sure can be feisty at times and can buzz like crazy too.

Delightful to hear about the feeder your granddaughter put up Possum.. Bet she was excited but yes, they do spook easily.

Another nice day on tap, was heavenly as for two whole days did NOT have to turn on coolers. Yes indeed. May have to do that today but the experts say temps will not go above 90 degrees. We shall see.

Garbage truck "forgot" to pick up my trash container yesterday - also my next door neighbors. Everyone else got all their containers picked up. I even called them about noon to tell them I suspect we had been forgotten. Of course not they say, they probably had a full truck, etc and etc they have until 6 p.m. to get there. Well of course they never showed up. Darn it anyway. Also have to go BACK  to the pharmacy as they changed the packaging on my alondronate and I cannot get them out of the packages. May sound weird but if you have arthritis in the hands you become a bit limited. They forgot to do it so got to take it back and have them put them in a container for me. Hate to do that but I simply cannot remove them with the new strong and tight packaging. Oh well.

Hope all enjoy their day!! Stay cool.

@Winifred   Wednesday is was grey, cold, and windy, wonderful, lol, but the heat is gradually sneaking back in, getting warmer every day, has been in the seventies for over a week, wish we had that all year instead of the 80's-90's we are expecting, just hope there is no humidity.

Pharmacies should only put those difficult caps on meds if there are children in the house.  I saved enough plastic easily removable tops from my meds before the difficult tops were being put on, so once I get them open by pushing down and turning at the same time, not easy, I replace the tops.

Once my garbage wasn't picked up so I called the company, and the manager came to my home and had the garbage man meet us here.  His reason for leaving it was that the truck was full, but I don't believe that,  the guy took the garbage right then,

Honored Contributor

hey all

super busy today can't even think. will check in later.

Honored Contributor

had 2 major appoints today.

had my hair cut which I so enjoy Megan does such a great job on my hair. The other was my doctor check i have not seen him since Jan.. it was a lousy appoint. My bp is still real bad. Yet i take bp at home several times a day and it is great. Why it is off the chart high at doc office and low at home is beyond me.

had some serious thunderstorms tonight and more heavy rain tonight. Today the weather service changed the count of tornadoes on Tuesday it was 2 tornadoes touch down. Longest one down was down for 33.something miles.

did get both walks in today.

not much else guys later

Honored Contributor

Freddie, I know what you mean.  I'm working through some squirrely skin thing right now and thought it might not hurt to take a benadryl at night to calm any reactions I was having down.  My God, I had to fight that little pink pill out of the blister pack.

Pink Antihistamine Tablets Blister Pack Stock Photo (Edit Now ...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Freddie, I know what you mean.  I'm working through some squirrely skin thing right now and thought it might not hurt to take a benadryl at night to calm any reactions I was having down.  My God, I had to fight that little pink pill out of the blister pack.

Pink Antihistamine Tablets Blister Pack Stock Photo (Edit Now ...

@Bird mama   LOL, hate these packs, what a pain to try to get a pill out, for me it is a Priloec.