Honored Contributor

Re: August 2017 Bird's Nest - Where Summer is Sizzling

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

That is a neat Scottie bed Possum, I too have never seen nor known of such a thing. Continue to think about him all the time - and Bailey too. Bailey was my gorgeous golden Cocker and another rescue - he made it to age 15. Another sweet dog. One day I will try and recall all the doggies I have had - it has been a bunch. 

Well I may just try it now - First was Shaggy, an ornery mix of Chow and Spits. Then I personally never had another dog but the family did - for some years. My daughter came along and here started the doggie trouble. She had a dog?? named Scuzzy - it was hit by a car after about a year and we all shed tears. My poor father was out in freezing weather trying to bury him, Then there was Pee Pee, Rip, two mutts from the dog pound. Patricia Anne, Nala, and two more dog pound dogs which I cannot remember their names. Shucks. My daughter was one of those that would walk right in someones home and remove a dog if they were not taking care of it - I use to really yell at her for doing that as i just knew someone would eventually hurt her. She was a dog lover from the get go!! And then kitties from time to time! Oh my! When we lost her at such a young age, we often talked about the fact that she was surrounded by ALL her four legged friends

Now I will go to bed.

Honored Contributor

Adopción

Winifred,   Your daughter sounds like my kind of lady friend for sure.  Caring for animals and rescuing those not being cared for shows a sweet heart.     She was a special gal. Heart 

Respected Contributor

Cute pix Possum, sure looks like Bailey. He like all the doggies I had were such marvelous critters.

Forgot to mention about my daughter is she brought most ALL her rescues to my parents home - at one time they had 8. They kept them and cared for them. My Dad would shake his head and remind one and all who questioned - some did having that many - they were rescued by HIS granddaughter and that was just the way it would be. She was their first grandchild and I watched my Mother's health start to decline when she left us - they adored that Grand - without a doubt.

Honored Contributor

Freddie your daughter was born with the gift.  

I'm not being arrogant about it, I know my Ma passed whatever gift she had with animals to me moreso than my sisters.  

To be honest with you, the women who post here all have it.  We don't really have to go looking.  When it's time,  and I don't know if it's a Divine Power who decides the time, the animals find us.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

News alert!!!

I had a sighting of the baby from the birdhouse. Ma came to feed the baby  (the father is useless and doesn't lift a feather to help) and baby got close to the 'doorway'.  I thought I was seeing things so I camped out in the 1/2 bath that unfortunately has a UV darker film on it (even though I have a blind).  

There was the window, binoculars on the window glass and my face pressed into the binoculars.  

Baby looks good and full of sass.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Winifred Your DD was a blessing. Sorry you lost her so young.Heart

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

Happy weekend to everyone.

@Bird mama That's wonderful that you got a look at the baby.Heart

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama    So glad to hear that you got a look at the baby and that all looks good!  Glad to hear that at least you saw the mama taking care of it.  Sorry that the father seems useless.

@Winifred    I am sorry to hear that you lost your daughter at a young age.

She had a good heart!

Our DD does a lot of volunteer work with a group called SATO that rescues dogs out of Puerto Rico.  They are mostly street dogs and there is a woman there that rides around and rescues them.  She keeps them at a place in the mountains and pretty much brings them back to life.  Most are in bad shape when she rescues them.  Our DD had one from her and he is a Pitt Bull and a real sweatheart. We love him to pieces.  

@possummink    So glad to hear that you had a great vacation in the Keys.  Sorry that you were stung twice.  Ouch! 

@Puddles    Are you all settled in yet?

@mousiegirl    How did you like the Christmas in July with the Q?  Did you end up buying anything?