Respected Contributor

Attn: Black Friday Oficionados

Okay, so, today is Black Friday.

Do prices usually go lower after 5PM on Thanksgiving day?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Attn: Black Friday Oficionados

Today isn't Black Friday. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

===============================

Woman LOLCat LOLMan LOL

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

===============================

Woman LOLCat LOLMan LOL

===============

Proof!  I AM senile!

Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina 

Not sure if prices drop after 5PM on Black Friday, but I usually do find lower prices on the same items on the following Cyber Monday.

Happy shopping!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I have seen a number of adds for sales starting at 5:00 today. I have already shopped and wrapped.

Honored Contributor

I've been seeing Black Friday pricing and discount emails all week with dates ending next week. I'm sure with so much inventory in stock, the sales may run longer and discounts better. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina   No way--you were just having a "senior moment" and I've been having them off and on for years.  We all have the Black Friday phrase in the forefront of our brains because they've been promoting Black Friday days, weeks, previews all month.

If what you want to buy is in the "scarce" category such as the most popular toys I would not delay a purchase in the hope of obtaining an even better price.

Televisions and appliances, for instance, if I recall correctly, are best purchased in the early New Year--circa January/February.  Krazy Coupon Lady has an interesting essay of when the best deals for categories of items are month by month.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy bargain hunting.  I hope you score your items at wonderful price points!

aroc3435

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

Krazy Coupon Lady has an interesting essay of when the best deals for categories of items are month by month.

Happy Thanksgiving and happy bargain hunting.  I hope you score your items at wonderful price points!

aroc3435

=================================

Krazy Coupon Lady has an interesting essay of when the best deals for categories of items are month by month.

THANKS!

Going to her website now!