Esteemed Contributor

@mustang66lady- I've been thinking about you and keeping good thoughts for your dear husband. I hope he's continuing to improve so that he can have his stent surgery on April 5!

Please make sure you take good care of yourself as well!

Hugs, Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Attention: @mustang66lady

Best thoughts for a  happier time ahead, for you both

Honored Contributor

@sunala

You are so sweet to start this thread for our dear Mr. & Mrs.  @mustang66lady  !!

We are all praying for Mr. Mustang's full recovery on the Potsticker thread!!

PS

I really like your bottom 'tag' line....so true, so true!!  We do not know and sometimes can not control things in our life.  How we respond to storms and trials can really define who we are.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala

What a dear person you are!   Thank you so much for remembering DH and me!  

I just finished posting on your weekly thread of peace.   He is doing so well that I have to remind him to slow down.   He has the ok to drive today so as I went to the nursing home to take my brother some lunch, DH went to the pharmacy!   He was like a kid getting to trick or treat-the thought of going somewhere and getting to go by himself!

Yes, the stents will be placed on the 5th of April if things continue as they are now.  Neither of us slept well Wednesday night as that marked the one week anniversary.  I still am very aware this entire situation could have ended much differently and the things I have done this past week, could have been among the worst things people have to do.  

Bless you again for all you do for so many.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@mustang66ladywrote:

@sunala

What a dear person you are!   Thank you so much for remembering DH and me!  

I just finished posting on your weekly thread of peace.   He is doing so well that I have to remind him to slow down.   He has the ok to drive today so as I went to the nursing home to take my brother some lunch, DH went to the pharmacy!   He was like a kid getting to trick or treat-the thought of going somewhere and getting to go by himself!

Yes, the stents will be placed on the 5th of April if things continue as they are now.  Neither of us slept well Wednesday night as that marked the one week anniversary.  I still am very aware this entire situation could have ended much differently and the things I have done this past week, could have been among the worst things people have to do.  

Bless you again for all you do for so many.  Heart

@mustang66lady

I want to reassure you and your husband.  I have had three stents put in at two different times.  It's a snap.  Seriously, they gave me a seditive, I remember nothing, and I woke up feeling fine.  They went in through the inside of my thigh.  I can't remember if there were stitches or not.  No complications.

Mr. M will probably have to take Plavix or the like for a year, a pill a day.  It's common to get some bleeding under your skin on the backs of your hand, no big deal.  That will stop when you stop the Plavix.

Good luck, don't worry Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7

I just saw your post-it's been quite busy around here lately!  How very sweet of you to share with us your experience with the stents.  DH actually had a heart attack which is why only one stent was placed the first night.  He was place on Brilinta instead of Plavix (which I am more familiar with).   No mention if he will ever be off this or not.   Neither of us even thought to question this.  

Again I just want to thank all for their outpouring of comments, prayers, well wishes.  Words can not convey how uplifting everyone has been to us.  It has really helped to keep DH in good spirits.  Heart