Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  You picked a good week to visit Albuquerque.  It may be a little breezy part of the time and not too hot or too chilly.  There will be no rain.  When are you leaving home?  What day do you figure we will rendezvous?

20190523_223625.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yep, gonna be fun !  see you in few days

@Kachina624     LOL

Honored Contributor

Re: Attention Sharke

[ Edited ]

Looks like U all have a nice zoo over there. Even have a go-rilla !

Remember Jethro Bodine of Beverly Hillbilles ?    @Kachina624 

I'd like to buy the senior bio park ticket and see zoo and gardens and take the train between the 2 areas. Have to see if he can hold up he might just want to do the zoo.

Amarillo's zoo is a pitiful sight. Broken down tiger, bored lion, bears that never leave the cave and a long horned steer (big whoop a cow in Tx.) monkey house is always under repair and couple of snakes. I'm dying to

see a real zoo.

kinkadecottage.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.   I didnt even know Amarillo had a zoo.  Sounds pathetic.

Honored Contributor

Sad girlfriend. Used to be free on MOndays we would go and the little giftshop would be closed on MOndays.

Now they charge little fee couple bucks I think. you can walk around it in 10 minutes.   Wish somebody would leave them a grant in their will. They got one donkey, too. LOL

Alburq zoo closes at 4:30 and it's a 4 hr drive, find hotel should be just off I -40 , check in and go find the zoo on 10th think the net said. Senior discount tickets.  He used to be fleet of foot, but, here of late, his hip is bothering him and he's getting more hunched over.  Varicose veins, his feet look horrible comes from standing for 50 yrs.  Every job takes it's toll no matter what kind you got.

Honored Contributor

Here we are in Alburq. it was cold this morning and here I was in shorts. Thank God I bought my Isaac ombre jacket. Tx. is warmer LOL

went to the zoo hoping to see a full size ape and I was bigger then the ones they had. thought I would see a jungle gorilla these were what they call Asian gorillas must be small over there.  Zoo, wasn't marked very well hard to find anything in there. Walked around for awhile and  went to eat dinner LOL  Warmed up some, but, saw lots of folks with jackets on. 

Husband said it's because of the mountains. I'm used to scalding hot, woman told me at a store that it was 30' degrees this morning ! I said "I'm from Tx and I'm freezing" she said "be glad your not from Arizona " hahahh

got a point there I guess.

Got apt Wed at old town !

@Kachina624 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Here we are in Alburq. it was cold this morning and here I was in shorts. Thank God I bought my Isaac ombre jacket. Tx. is warmer LOL

went to the zoo hoping to see a full size ape and I was bigger then the ones they had. thought I would see a jungle gorilla these were what they call Asian gorillas must be small over there.  Zoo, wasn't marked very well hard to find anything in there. Walked around for awhile and  went to eat dinner LOL  Warmed up some, but, saw lots of folks with jackets on. 

Husband said it's because of the mountains. I'm used to scalding hot, woman told me at a store that it was 30' degrees this morning ! I said "I'm from Tx and I'm freezing" she said "be glad your not from Arizona " hahahh

got a point there I guess.

Got apt Wed at old town !

@Kachina624 

@SharkE.  Is that the one at 10am?

Going to warm up this week-end.

I've never been to the zoo here.  The one in Houston was so great, all others pale in comparison.

Honored Contributor

yep, going to walmart to buy a coat then see U at 10 your time !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE @Kachina624 @@Have fun today and post a pic if you can.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.   It's supposed to warm up to 74° today.  It's  chilly in the mornings but warms up fast.  I could bring you a coat; heavens knows I have enough of them around here