Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer  I do mention your strength every day when I pray for you Woman Wink   

"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time"
Terry Tempest Williams
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ...every day I pray to God and the angels to please continue watching over me and I thank them as well. I have plenty of meltdowns, but always pick myself up and keep going. Sometimes I am amazed at my own strength.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer   It's amazing isn't it.  I'm the youngest of 3 siblings and in my family (includes parents) I was considered the 'rock'.  When my husband died the rock fractured a little and my poor family didn't know what to do for the longest time.

A few months after my husband died, my father died.  Then my job changed, my dog died, family members were ill and then my Ma died.

During all of this I would tell my family, in a somewhat crazed and unstable kind of voice - I'm not human, I'm the silver guy from Terminator 2.  Knock me down and I just get back up.  I would then laugh and they would all get a little nervous.  

Related image

It's how I felt at the time.  The hits kept coming and I kept getting up.  I sit here now amazed that I was able to finish my career at Blue Cross, retire, still string sentences together and communicate effectively and I'm not on heavy meds.

"The eyes of the future are looking back at us and they are praying for us to see beyond our own time"
Terry Tempest Williams
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ....WOW. You are amazing and you ARE a rock! No wonder we have a bond. I am so very sorry for all that you have dealt with. It's a lot. (((Hugs)))

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ...it's very awkward with my family and friends. They keep telling me repeatedly how strong I am. They aren't here when I am alone and having a meltdown. Not pretty. They don't really know what to say, so most of them keep their distance. One niece is the only one who checks on me daily. She has been with me when I have had some major meltdowns, but still thinks I am "amazing". 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer  The woman I am today was shaped by every experience that didn't break me.  My experience is not unique - I found you Woman Happy   I suspect there are alot of us out there who are too stubborn to fold, cave or break.  Heart

Terry Tempest Williams
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama .....I now have my Bose radio on all day listening to R&B and rap music. Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ....wow, I don't even know what to say. I just know one thing, I am so thankful that you and I found each other on these boards.Heart

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer 

You are in CA? 

I wish I could get you and @halfpint1 to be roommates, since you're both cat lovers and QVC devotees.  You could lean on each other. Heart

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@catwhisperer 

You are in CA? 

I wish I could get you and @halfpint1 to be roommates, since you're both cat lovers and QVC devotees.  You could lean on each other. Heart

@lolakimono ...I have thought about getting a roommate, but actually prefer to live alone. Thanks though.