Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ....I have one relative who keeps calling and emailing me saying, "I hope you are doing well". HUH??? My husband just died. Hell no, I am not doing "well". Why would someone even say something like that???

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer   I deleted that one post where I gave details just so I wouldn't be a thread killer and make other people uncomfortable.  

Because you keep to yourself most of the time, your relative probably doesn't know how to approach you and really means he/she hopes you are doing well considering the circumstances.  (I assume the relative knows you experienced a loss).

My family who knew me since I was born didn't know how to talk to me either.  I think people want to help or support and know deep down that at this time nothing will help and they just don't know what to say. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Attention: Catwhisperer

[ Edited ]

I remember a family member telling me, before the funeral home ish even started that I was young (44) and would find love again.  I was on low dose xanax at the time and that probably saved her from this:

Image result for pimp slap gif

Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama , Thank you so much!

Respected Contributor

@Hooty ....just checking to see how your PT went. I hope it wasn't too painful. When I broke my wrist a few years ago, PT was quite painful at first, but it got easier, and I actually started looking forward to it. It's a slow process, but hopefully you will be feeling better soon.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer , I survived my first day of PT, LOL!  I am sore today and I go again tomorrow (twice a week), but I know it will be a slow process, but I'm hanging in there!  Thank you so much for asking about me!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ...my day was going okay, but I am now in meltdown mode due to the fact that I am dealing with morons. It just doesn't stop. It's every day. It's either a phone call, or email, or something in the mail. My phone was ringing at 7:13 this morning. It has been downhill ever since and has not stopped. Smiley Sad  I wish there was a way for us to connect other than here, but I know we are not supposed to post personal info.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer   Aww I am so sorry that you are having a bad day.  There are so many details and so much paperwork that have to be handled when we lose a loved one.  Instead of being allowed to grieve, we gotta dive in to this quap :-(

You on facebook? 

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama ...FB yes

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer , I wish you could find someone who can help you grieve and can talk to personally, but please be careful!  People that you think are your friend will turn on you in a minute, because you do not respond to they way they want you to!

Maybe you and @Bird mama could get together!

I personally would not be of any help right now, I am at a very low point myself, but I just cannot know what you are going through losing a spouse!  I wish you the best, and may God bless you!