Esteemed Contributor

Asking for prayers

[ Edited ]

My grandaughter,Lorraine,is on life support.She stopped breathing 3 times this morning.If nothing changes by Tuesday they will remove life support.

Lorraine is only 45 yrs old.She has had Disbetes all her life and has been  on dialisis 3 x a week for many yrs.

On Friday her body got swolen up like a balloon.She was admited to the hospital but released against our wishes on Sat afternoon,still swollen.

This morning she convulsed and stopped breathing. The Frist responders revived her 3 times.

In the Er she stopped breathing 5 more times. They put her on life support which they will remove in 2 days if nothing changes. 

They say she will have extensive brain damage.

Please pray she is not suffering (they have put her her to sleep) and that Gods will be done and that God gives us,her family the strength to accept it ,whatever happens.

Thank you all............

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your granddaughter.  So young and been through so much already.  Prayers for her and your family.

Honored Contributor

Re: Asking for prayers

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma 

I'm sure my post will get poofed because I'm quoting scripture, but it is an appropriate response to your post, so I'll take my chances & hope you see it.  If it is God's will that he call her home at this time, just remember...

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I am so very sorry and will certainly pray for both of you. I will stop what I am doing and say a prayer right now. Sending a virtual comforting hug.

Honored Contributor

🙏🏻 for you and your granddaughter through this very sad & difficult time.  There are no words except "God Bless all of you"

@MalteseMomma 

Valued Contributor

@MalteseMomma prayers for peace and strength and that your dear granddaughter Lorraine does not suffer.  I am so sorry.

Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma   I am so sorry for what your family and grandughter are going thru.  May you find the peace you are longing for.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My heart is heavy after reading your post, and I am very sorry that you and your family are having to endure this, especially with everything that is going on. I am sending prayers of solace to all of you, and prayers of comfort for your dear granddaughter. May God wrap his loving arms of protection around her.🙏🙏

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a nightmare.  Of course you have my prayers...for your granddaughter and your entire family.

Just know the hospital staff will make sure she is not in any pain...they are very good about that.

Sending you a cyber-hug, @MalteseMomma .  😢

Super Contributor

@MalteseMomma 

I will certainly pray for your granddaughter, you and your family. My heart hurts for you.