Esteemed Contributor

Re: As We Shop For The Best Item........

[ Edited ]

I now do all of the grocery shopping since DH has a lung disease, but I never stop at several stores to buy certain items. I prefer shopping at one of my local grocers and can get most everything I need there, although some items are a bit more expensive than what I'd pay at WM or other discount stores. If I mainly need cleaning items, then I'll shop at WM, but I hate the experience. If one of my grocers has a better supply of something that I need, then that's where I shop for the week.

I don't order groceries online....I need to get out of the house, and making a weekly trip to my favorite grocery store is a good thing for me. If they don't have an item that's on my list, then I go without it for a week.....I don't live by a strict menu list though, and rarely would have specialty items such as fresh raspberries on my list.

Respected Contributor

Re: As We Shop For The Best Item........

DH did all of our shopping most of last year while I was having chemo and felt quite ill. If I wanted something specific he would go to every store in town to find it. Even now, even though we are sharing shopping chores, he will do the same unless I tell him it doesn't really matter if he substitutes something else.