Trusted Contributor

Re: Artist's Concert You Would Like To See

Would like to see Barbra Streisand. Lady Gaga,  Carole King.  Audra McDonald. 

Jane Oliver,

I'd love to see Barry Manilow again... seen him many times.   I truly miss John Denver. 

Valued Contributor

No "live" concerts for me. Too peopley. Except for David Gilmour, my musical tastes run counter to the artists already mentioned, but that's okay. In a virtual reality concert, I'd love to see Bob Marley (R.I.P.), and 10,000 Maniacs, who are no longer a group, and the Clash, also no longer a group and Joe Strummer is pushing up daisies, so to speak. 

My mother says she would like very much to see another Tom Jones' show. She says she hasn't "swooned" over a singer in a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@ECBG @Epicurean @hckynut @wagirl @going to Carolina @PJinIA

Years ago, I said to my best friend, "The only concerts I would like to see would be  The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac."

Well, a couple of years later, in 2018,The Eagles came to Boston and we got tickets. They put on a wonderful show, playing all their hits. Glenn Frey had passed away in 2016 and his son, Deacon took his place in the band. He was great, he sounded just like his father.

In 2019, before covid, we got tickets for Fleetwood Mac in Boston. They were scheduled to perform on two nights.

We went on the first night. The second concert was called off

because Stevie Nicks was sick. She had a problem with her throat and could not perform. The performance the night before was great and they played all their old songs; everyone's

favorites.

At this age, getting into Boston, getting through the crowd (thousands of people) and getting through security is not

something I would want to do again. Also, there was the skunky smell of people smoking pot at the Eagles concert and

all these tall people standing up in front of me.(I'm 4'11"). We were on the floor, near the front.

For Fleetwood Mac, we had excellent seats at the left

side of stage. There were these women, at least in their forties,

in the row behind us screaming and howling, it was hard to hear the music at times.

One behind me, had a cup of beer in her hand , while she was

bouncing around and yelling. I was sure that I would be wearing that beer before the concert ended.

We were glad that we went but, we agreed that our concert days are over.

The year before covid, another friend and I went to a

Prince Tribute concert at an auditorium in our city. It was very well done with great performers and his videos and clips from his movies on the screen.

Most of us wore purple and I also wore my "raspberry

beret". That was fun, close to home. It was mostly a middle age crowd and his music had us dancing in the aisles.

@Enufstuff 

Thanks for your review of Deacon Frye.  I am a die hard Eagles fan and saw the opening of the last tour the Eagles did before Glenn passed.  I want to see them again but have held back thinking it just won't be the same.  So many of my fav. bands have had members pass and no longer tour but "just one more" concert that will bring the past alive would be wonderful.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Black Cat Back wrote:

Would like to see Barbra Streisand. Lady Gaga,  Carole King.  Audra McDonald. 

Jane Oliver,

I'd love to see Barry Manilow again... seen him many times.   I truly miss John Denver. 

@Black Cat Back 

I saw John Denver at Mississipi River Festival (MRF) on campus at SIU-E back in the '70's.  Paid 4.00 for a ticket.  It was amazing.  Such a loss with his passing.  

Honored Contributor

I was lucky enouth to grow up in Southern California so between the Greek Theater, Hollywood Bowl and other venues I have seen many concerts.  John Denver (several times), Carol King (several times), Neil Diamond, (several times), Beach Boys, 5th Dimension, Helen Reddy, Barbara Streisand, Tony Orlando, James Taylor, the Carpenters and many more.  I took my daughter to see Olivia Newton-John, Barry Manilow at the Greek Theater for her pre-teen birthdays.  Since I have moved to the PNW I have only seen a few concerts - Harry Connick, Jr., Paul McCartney, Brothers Four and a few others.  Much less choices up here.  

Trusted Contributor

Eric Clapton💓💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

Jessa