Respected Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

So glad our state is following science/medical professionals  and has opened slowly.  That is why we were so low in covid cases and deaths.  Our governor actually cared about our citizens and not spreading the virus.  Opening up 100% is foolish and just asking for an up tick in cases. Hopefully, many have received the vaccine and wont be spreading it to others in those "open" states.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Texas' first Independence Day was March 2, 1836 from Mexico.  Our second Independence Day was March 10, 2021 from Covid-19 restrictions. 

@beckyb1012 

Howdy, neighbor! Heart

Greetings from locked down New Mexico.  We just had our one-year lockdown anniversary on the 20th.

I don't understand why we can't support those who are opening up instead of condemning them and hoping for negative outcomes.

You would think that those who support the "science" would support more data.

You are so right!!  N. Mexico is so beautiful.  I still remember a day trip in May 1986 my then husband's company was looking at new property to develop.  Landed in Albuquerque and drove into Santa Fe to view the property.  This Texas girl was so amazed at the snow on some mountain tops in the distance.  We enjoyed our day so much we literally had to run all the way through the airport to make our flight from Albuquerque back to DFW.   We did not go with that area for development but I have never forgot it @just bee 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'm in AZ presently in a community with a large number of retirees.  It will be interesting to see how comfortable this group is with a relaxing of safety precautions.  I had my second shot a week ago but will remain cautious and stay away from indoor dining until we are traveling back to WA. 😷💀😷

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Texas' first Independence Day was March 2, 1836 from Mexico.  Our second Independence Day was March 10, 2021 from Covid-19 restrictions. 

@beckyb1012 

Howdy, neighbor! Heart

Greetings from locked down New Mexico.  We just had our one-year lockdown anniversary on the 20th.

I don't understand why we can't support those who are opening up instead of condemning them and hoping for negative outcomes.

You are so right!!  N. Mexico is so beautiful.  I still remember a day trip in May 1986 my then husband's company was looking at new property to develop.  Landed in Albuquerque and drove into Santa Fe to view the property.  This Texas girl was so amazed at the snow on some mountain tops in the distance.  We enjoyed our day so much we literally had to run all the way through the airport to make our flight from Albuquerque back to DFW.   We did not go with that area for development but I have never forgot it @just bee 

@beckyb1012 

Here you go!

Sandia Mountains in Snow | Mountains, New mexico, Southwest desert

The Sandias looked like that this week after last week's 70+ degree weekend.  Must be spring!

Come visit us again -- we desperately need the tourism support. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Howdy, neighbor! Heart

@beckyb1012 

Here you go!

Sandia Mountains in Snow | Mountains, New mexico, Southwest desert

The Sandias looked like that this week after last week's 70+ degree weekend.  Must be spring!

Come visit us again -- we desperately need the tourism support. Heart

I am going copy and email that to myself so I can view when August gets here!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Heading there tomorrow for a little break from Colorado weather.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I'm in AZ presently in a community with a large number of retirees.  It will be interesting to see how comfortable this group is with a relaxing of safety precautions.  I had my second shot a week ago but will remain cautious and stay away from indoor dining until we are traveling back to WA. 😷💀😷

Every restaurant I've been in seems to be full of retirees. I don't live to far from Sun City and I've seen retirees at the gym, restaurants, stores etc. this entire time. It didn't seem to stop them. We regularly go to a Mexican restaurant and many times last year there were several retirees with the whole family there. 

Respected Contributor

Ours opened a couple of weeks ago. Even the corner store still requires masks. If people want to stay home they are still allowed to do so. I'm not sure how long states should stay closed for some to feel ok. Maybe when Lord Fauci says it's ok they will feel safe. 

Respected Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I don't know what the hurry is.

I probably saw more people in the past year that I ever saw but it was outside in the yard dropping off or picking up something elsewhere.

I haven't been able to get my shot yet but I will eventually when it dies down a bit. I'm not traveling that far to find one.

It's not that hard to wear a mask at the store or Dr's office. I don't wear one out in the yard and stay 6 ft away.

I know people have to work & I feel bad for them but for me it has not been that bad. I would rather be alive.

The hurry? It's been over a year! Some small businesses have been closed or at 25% capacity for over a year. I see no one hurrying. A year is long enough. You can stay home if you don't feel comfortable. Businesses cannot last forever with the restrictions. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope she is cautious from here on out. My Mother is 98 and in assisted living and they are being very caucious. I have not seen her for over a year, but she is still alive and well.Smiley Happy

Thanks, @RealtyGal2 .  Late getting around to responding but I apreciate the well wishes!

ETA:  of course, happy thoughts to you and your Mom, as well

Cogito ergo sum