Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,405
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

I think reading these some people are desperately trying to convince

themselves by trying to convince others that everything is ok and there is no danger of anything virus related without masks and or maybe vaccines and doing everything as before any of this ever happened.

And we are back to square one leaving many behind.

Well, everyone dies right? Maybe we'll see each other on the other side.

 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,490
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@on the bay wrote:

I think reading these some people are desperately trying to convince

themselves by trying to convince others that everything is ok and there is no danger of anything virus related without masks and or maybe vaccines and doing everything as before any of this ever happened.

And we are back to square one leaving many behind.

Well, everyone dies right? Maybe we'll see each other on the other side.

 


See i see almost the opposite.  People trying to convince others that everything is still bad, nothing is getting better, we must still live in fear.

 

Guess that is the difference between people who look at a glass half full and those who look at it as half empty.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,389
Registered: ‎02-27-2012

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

@manny2 

 

Masks HELP...they are NO guarantee as proven by my family having Covid and always wore a mask and did all other precautions.

 

My family are NOT the only ones who caught the virus while ALWAYS wearing a mask.

 

You CAN mask up, glove up, stay 6 ft or more apart, hide behind plexiglass, wear goggles and STILL get the virus.  My husband did.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,405
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

I think reading these some people are desperately trying to convince

themselves by trying to convince others that everything is ok and there is no danger of anything virus related without masks and or maybe vaccines and doing everything as before any of this ever happened.

And we are back to square one leaving many behind.

Well, everyone dies right? Maybe we'll see each other on the other side.

 


See i see almost the opposite.  People trying to convince others that everything is still bad, nothing is getting better, we must still live in fear.

 

Guess that is the difference between people who look at a glass half full and those who look at it as half empty.


@CrazyDaisy -

Nope! It's really just common sense and that enables all of us to have a glass half full mentality. Not fear not living in a basement not ocd, not agoraphobia-common common sense.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Contributor
Posts: 30
Registered: ‎09-11-2014

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

I think this is terrible idea.  Only about 20% of Arizonans have received both vaccinations.  We have droves of untested, including many infected, illegals swarming the border.  Many already released in Phoenix. I choose staying alive over going to dinner and bringing the virus home to my family.  Way too soon.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,623
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@twoflaglady wrote:

I think this is terrible idea.  Only about 20% of Arizonans have received both vaccinations.  We have droves of untested, including many infected, illegals swarming the border.  Many already released in Phoenix. I choose staying alive over going to dinner and bringing the virus home to my family.  Way too soon.


@twoflaglady 

 

I'm in New Mexico.  This is a source of irritation for those of us who are being told we cannot travel and leave our state.  My hospital told us that we couldn't travel outside our county.

 

Happily, someone in HR must have realized that several employees do live in other counties and commute to work.

 

But I imagine you can understand our frustration.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,688
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@twoflaglady wrote:

I think this is terrible idea.  Only about 20% of Arizonans have received both vaccinations.  We have droves of untested, including many infected, illegals swarming the border.  Many already released in Phoenix. I choose staying alive over going to dinner and bringing the virus home to my family.  Way too soon.


We are our own worst enemies, @twoflaglady Fearing disease from non-citizens is not on my radar.

 

Many states are seeing cases rising again. We are so close. If we could just hold out a little bit more, with vaccines ramping up, we could then be able to take a big breath.

 

My state of California is once again doing quite well, but although I am totally vaccinated and am doing more, it's coupled with common sense precautions.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,002
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@twoflaglady wrote:

I think this is terrible idea.  Only about 20% of Arizonans have received both vaccinations.  We have droves of untested, including many infected, illegals swarming the border.  Many already released in Phoenix. I choose staying alive over going to dinner and bringing the virus home to my family.  Way too soon.


We are our own worst enemies, @twoflaglady Fearing disease from non-citizens is not on my radar.

 

Many states are seeing cases rising again. We are so close. If we could just hold out a little bit more, with vaccines ramping up, we could then be able to take a big breath.

 

My state of California is once again doing quite well, but although I am totally vaccinated and am doing more, it's coupled with common sense precautions.


"Fearing disease from non-citizens is not on my radar"

I need to preface this by saying I'm truly not trying to pick a fight here...but am a bit confused by your post.  Are you saying you don't believe illegals can spread the virus?  This is what was annoying me in a post I wrote the other day. I find it kind of odd that so many have fits about people in our country having gatherings and slamming them for getting together, etc. yet they have no qualms or don't care if people crossing the border have Covid?  Why is that?   

Honored Contributor
Posts: 21,688
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)


@KKJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@twoflaglady wrote:

I think this is terrible idea.  Only about 20% of Arizonans have received both vaccinations.  We have droves of untested, including many infected, illegals swarming the border.  Many already released in Phoenix. I choose staying alive over going to dinner and bringing the virus home to my family.  Way too soon.


We are our own worst enemies, @twoflaglady Fearing disease from non-citizens is not on my radar.

 

Many states are seeing cases rising again. We are so close. If we could just hold out a little bit more, with vaccines ramping up, we could then be able to take a big breath.

 

My state of California is once again doing quite well, but although I am totally vaccinated and am doing more, it's coupled with common sense precautions.


"Fearing disease from non-citizens is not on my radar"

I need to preface this by saying I'm truly not trying to pick a fight here...but am a bit confused by your post.  Are you saying you don't believe illegals can spread the virus?  This is what was annoying me in a post I wrote the other day. I find it kind of odd that so many have fits about people in our country having gatherings and slamming them for getting together, etc. yet they have no qualms or don't care if people crossing the border have Covid?  Why is that?   


@KKJ, for me to explain my words and how I feel about the subject, I would rightly be accused of making this even more political. You and I know that we're veering sharply in that direction already.

 

If you want to give me a call, I would love to explain my POV. :-)


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,002
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

Yep, guess that would be veering into political territory.  Understood.