Honored Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

People need to stop living in a state of fear.  Take control of your life and start living.  If you want to live in hiding I feel sorry for you yet that is your choice.  Mental heath issues are going to be the next public crisis 

@CrazyDaisy 

Just wait until cannabis is legal in all 50 states.  I'm a psychiatric nurse and I see patients with substance-induced psychosis and the only thing they're positive for is THC.

And then, of course, there's the meth issue that will never be addressed...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I don't see what is so great about lifting ALL restrictions at this time.  Wouldn't make me do a happy dance if that happened around here.  Most places have lifted enough restrictions that we can live our lives but still take precautions.  Acting like the pandemic is over is foolish when 1,000 people are dying a day and some who are fully vaccinated are getting COVID and/or being hospitalized.  (Story from CNN).  The vaccine doesn't make anyone bullet-proof.  

The OP has said many times that she has never changed her way of life since the beginning of the pandemic and wasn't going to live her life in the basement like so many others.  (I don't personally know anyone who has spent the past year in their basement).  

I don't have a basement. We don't have them in Arizona. And yes there are a few people who I've heard of who haven't come out of their house in over a year. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

49B96106-0923-4828-93E5-2413FDFC18DA.jpeg

That does not mean it is safe

Esteemed Contributor

My husband was in a QT yesterday and no one had a mask on and today at the gym people were coming in with masks but once they found out they didn't have to wear one off they came. When I left the gym there was one person wearing one. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I am fully vaccinated also but plan to continue masking up.  We are slowly opening up.  I am in WA and deaths are a little over 5,000 statewide so I think we have done well compared with some other states.  

@DiAnne  Me too...thank goodness our Governor CARES  about saving lives over rushing to open everything up. 👏👏👏👏👏

Contributor

Yay for Washington state!

Trusted Contributor

Very thankful to be here in CA.

We are doing a lot better, and opening up has been happening in stages. 

Everywhere, everyone is still wearing masks, and I am grateful.

It is a shame the pandemic has been politicized.

Honored Contributor

This is just so foolish and will hurt a LOT of people.   To just say that everybody who is trying to be safe and keep others safe should just stay home is pretty selfish.   I cannot imagine being such a snowflake that I would think wearing a mask, distancing, etc, is just too much. Wah!  Cry me a river.  Like many others, I have asthma and don't love wearing a mask but I will do it anyway, for the greater good.

Just because somebody is vaccinated doesn't mean they won't get the virus.  It just means when they do it will (hopefully) be less severe.  But if they are out there not caring about anybody else they will end up giving it to other people who are more vulnerable.

Not all of us can get a vaccine appointment, unfortunately.  Furthermore, the  wearing of masks is much less effective if it's only some of the people.  Everybody wearing a mask is monumentally more effective than when just some people do.

I wouldn't mind any of this if it were people just going out there making themselves sick.  Do what you want with your own body.   But that they will negatively affect everybody else is disgustingly selfish and thoughtless.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

This is just so foolish and will hurt a LOT of people.   To just say that everybody who is trying to be safe and keep others safe should just stay home is pretty selfish.   I cannot imagine being such a snowflake that I would think wearing a mask, distancing, etc, is just too much. Wah!  Cry me a river.  Like many others, I have asthma and don't love wearing a mask but I will do it anyway, for the greater good.

Just because somebody is vaccinated doesn't mean they won't get the virus.  It just means when they do it will (hopefully) be less severe.  But if they are out there not caring about anybody else they will end up giving it to other people who are more vulnerable.

Not all of us can get a vaccine appointment, unfortunately.  Furthermore, the  wearing of masks is much less effective if it's only some of the people.  Everybody wearing a mask is monumentally more effective than when just some people do.

I wouldn't mind any of this if it were people just going out there making themselves sick.  Do what you want with your own body.   But that they will negatively affect everybody else is disgustingly selfish and thoughtless.

You can only protect yourself.  Stay home if you are concerned. Venture out if you are comfortable.  Pretty simple 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy So true and the constant "you're selfish" and "don't care about others" posts are beyond tiring.