QVC Customer Care

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

Honored Contributor

OK, no one is "hoping" things get worse.

HIV is not the same as covd19.

For everyone complaining about being called names. goodness-look at these threads!

There are names called from both sides of this topic.

When it all comes down to it,

I think we all could agree that we hope we remain safe, we don't want ourselves or others to die (unless we are slightly suicidal), and we all wish we could do things like we did before this nightmare of a pandemic. We all hope our business will survive and everyone will not succomb to whatever-the virus, depression,  whatever.

So what in the world is preventing our country from beating this?

Are we really spending too much time arguing, lambasting each other and not working together to beat this thing?!

If we could, what would get us back to really being "free" again, think about what we can each do!

Each and every one of us.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I would not trust it, I live in Florida and we have had no restrictions for a long time. People have died. Just because restrictions are limited, does not mean you are safe. I still follow all safety precautions and I have been vaccinated. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Last time states lifted restrictions early...it didn't work out so well...

Glad I live in a state that uses more sensible guidelines.  We need to get rid of this virus but it won't happen if people keep spreading it around.  Yes , people.  It does not spread by itself!   Wearing a mask and social distancing is not really all that hard to do.  Tough up!!

@bargainsgirl 

Masks are NO guarantee and neither is social distancing. 

My husband got it at work...with distancing dots on the floor, plexiglass everywhere, GLOVES AND MASKS required and professioal cleaning of the building every night.

I'm not saying don't use these cautions, I am just saying it is not going to prevent it all the time.  98% will recover...he did. No, it wasn't fun...but it was no worse than previous stomach flus or influenza bouts he has had, which are no fun either.

NY has kept us caged for over a year and we have one of the highest percentages of death rates. 

@RespectLife Masks do work. Flu cases are at a record low, and I didn't even get a cold this past year. 

Valued Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I would not trust it, I live in Florida and we have had no restrictions for a long time. People have died. Just because restrictions are limited, does not mean you are safe. I still follow all safety precautions and I have been vaccinated. 

People are dying in states that have many, many restrictions too so I guess you could say it must not make a difference?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

We in NM are opening in slow stages and our covid rate and deaths are way down.  We have the highest vaccination rate per capita in the nation.  I think it's rash and foolish to remove all restrictions while the pandemic is still raging.   It saves lives to take a conservative approach. 

I could not agree more.  I am in NV and we are taking it slow.  Still wearing masks, social distancing.  So glad I live in a state that has restrictions.  

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

@Meowingkitty I don't know where in AZ you live but I live in Phoenix and this is just a stupid stupid thing to do- I know a lot of people are getting vaccines but the virus lives on and will continue to live on- as you know we are always open to outsiders from other states that really don't have any respect for us residents even if there was no virus- I will be totally vaccinated in 3 weeks but I intend to wear a mask for quite awhile and avoid close contacts, I call that being smart- it has been no picnic these past months but I am not willing to trade my life for stupidity- I don't see traveling on the horizon an option right now, so enjoy being maskless I hope it works for you- its so nice to know our governor is just stupid course he has been all through this whole thing- good luck

I live in the west valley and we have been going out to eat in restaurants INSIDE since the day we could. We never stopped going to zoos, movies, shopping, wineries, home shows etc. I can't wait for the day I never have to wear a mask or for that matter even carry one with me. If a store does not say I have to wear a mask I will not wear a mask. Our governor treats us as adults and lets us do what is right for each individual. If you want to wear a mask, go ahead. 

Are covid cases down?

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I'm for opening things up, though I don't live in Arizona. Things have to get back to normal, otherwise we'll be like this forever. 

I also don't think this thread is getting far before being closed. 

The thing of it is, is that this will NOT be the end of this kind of thing.  I'm afraid we're looking at the beginning of, well......Bible kind of says so.  Pestilences...plural....

I would love to see this go away too but we must be careful and still take precaution no matter what.

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I believe the 50% capacity is 2 weeks old.  Maybe 1 week. Smiley Frustrated

Yes.  It just happened.  The restaurant owners that we know are hoping for 75 but the public does not want it.  The governor is being VERY prudent.  I think it's wise.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I am happy to live in PA.  The COVID numbers are going up again just about everywhere...in all states.

Just getting the vaccine and opening up the doors wide is not really prudent.

I don't plan on getting The vaccine and I don't plan to run to visit resturants and places where people gather..even if everyone in there has been vaccinated.

I pray this pandemic is over soon, but it seems as soon as it gets under some control, people ruin it by throwing the door open and acting like we are safe.  We aren't there yet.

Congratulations.  I think you nailed it.  I think, well, I'm gonna keep that to myself but yes, you nailed it.