Esteemed Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

I am from the great state of California, and I am pleased that our Governor is taking a slow, steady, and sensible approach to reopening. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I don't see what is so great about lifting ALL restrictions at this time.  Wouldn't make me do a happy dance if that happened around here.  Most places have lifted enough restrictions that we can live our lives but still take precautions.  Acting like the pandemic is over is foolish when 1,000 people are dying a day and some who are fully vaccinated are getting COVID and/or being hospitalized.  (Story from CNN).  The vaccine doesn't make anyone bullet-proof.  

The OP has said many times that she has never changed her way of life since the beginning of the pandemic and wasn't going to live her life in the basement like so many others.  (I don't personally know anyone who has spent the past year in their basement).  

Esteemed Contributor

The states that opened early and widely are seeing some of the highest upticks in Covid cases. I live in a college town, where 74 students returning from spring break tested positive. Now our county is among the most Covid-dangerous in the state. When I saw all those maskless kids, drinking shoulder to shoulder, yelling and screaming, I knew Covid would get some of them. Then they spread the virus to others, like those of us in the towns where they go to school.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Texas' first Independence Day was March 2, 1836 from Mexico.  Our second Independence Day was March 10, 2021 from Covid-19 restrictions. 

@beckyb1012 howdy, fellow Texan! I know our governor lifted the mask mandate although you wouldn't know it around here. My workplace still requires them as well as our HEB and other stores. The only place we've been to where masks were optional was our local Walmart. 

Honored Contributor

First two positives for SA variant in Arizona. Opening up all the way Just as the first case of the South African variant shows up in Arizona 

ADHS made the announcement Friday along with the Maricopa County Department of Health, and the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen).

The group says the variant strain was detected in two test samples from the state.😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Valued Contributor

After many decades there is still no cure for the HIV virus. Yes, a virus, treatments help, but no cure. another virus that came about from animals to human, Yet here we are in 2021 not even thinking about that virus any more.

\My point here is that viruses and all their variants have been around forever. Everytime this one mutates, the good doctor will say wear another mask. so exactly when does the time come when we just live our loves cautiously and safely but not under restrictions from this guy who somehow thinks we will wear masks forever. People keep saying "when the pandemic is over". when will that be? He hasn't had the answers since day one so what are we to do?

Make a vaccine then tell everyone to still wear a mask? what's the point of getting vaccines then? If they don';t protect then why bother.

We need to just go back to being human. IMO in over a year I think everyone whether they';ve had symptoms or been tested or not has been exposed to this virus in one way or another. You don;t have to be coughed on to be exposed. Putting those silly pieces of plastic on the keypads in stores is helping us how? the virus can live on the actual keypad when someone touches it but not on the plastic covering touched by the same number of people?  I wish my state would open up like Arizona. It's almost summer like weather and I can't breathe outside in those masks. And walking outside is about the only thing I can do anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@colliemom4   That is true, everyone comes ungulued when the governor lifts restrictions..

but I can tell you when my governor lifts the mandate on masks and the stores I frequent still make me wear a mask, I will shop elsewhere.

Why not just put on a mask  @Mom2Dogs ?

Not speaking for her but it is a matter of choice.  People talk with their money....don't like what the store is doing simply do not give them your business.  It can work both ways.

IMO, it's a matter of whether or not a person is selfish and cares about their impact on others. It's not all about any one person. What she does affects all who may be around her. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@colliemom4   That is true, everyone comes ungulued when the governor lifts restrictions..

but I can tell you when my governor lifts the mandate on masks and the stores I frequent still make me wear a mask, I will shop elsewhere.

Not speaking for her but it is a matter of choice.  People talk with their money....don't like what the store is doing simply do not give them your business.  It can work both ways.

IMO, it's a matter of whether or not a person is selfish and cares about their impact on others.  What she does affects all who may be around her. It's not about any one individual.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   Whether or not the mask mandate has lifted it will be difficult finding stores that will allow you in without a mask.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CalminHeart wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

IMO, it's a matter of whether or not a person is selfish and cares about their impact on others. It's not all about any one person. What she does affects all who may be around her. 

People need to stop living in a state of fear.  Take control of your life and start living.  If you want to live in hiding I feel sorry for you yet that is your choice.  Mental heath issues are going to be the next public crisis 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.