Honored Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@colliemom4   That is true, everyone comes ungulued when the governor lifts restrictions..

but I can tell you when my governor lifts the mandate on masks and the stores I frequent still make me wear a mask, I will shop elsewhere.

Why not just put on a mask  @Mom2Dogs ?

@San Antonio Gal   I am generally a rule follower and I have ALWAYS worn a mask since the mandate was put into place - but once my governor lifts that mandate, I'm taking my mask off.

All stores have a right to restrict those that don't wear a mask..it goes both ways I don't want to wear a mask so I'll shop elsewhere....its simple.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

No, way across state in Western New York.  Erie county had long been shut down.  Take out only, NO indoor dining, restrictions on how many ppl allowed in a store, salons closed time and time again, no movie theaters, concerts,  gyms closed....

They did start lifting restrictions but still restrictions on hours and capacity.

SO many restaurants and salons and small business have shut their doors.

@RespectLife  That's what I figured that you were no where near me that's why things were so different. I can understand your feelings. 

Honored Contributor

I think and hope in a few months, there will either be a safer time for us all, or maybe not and going back to worse than before.

We'll just have to see.

I would love to feel safe in doing many things, and that my ill family will be ok, then read news like from Brazil-more young there are entering the icu and dying. They reported the sad event of a 28 year old mother of 2. Her 4 year old son said he wanted to visit heaven so he could see his mom. Heartbreaking. Her mother said she never would have imagined this could happen to her daughter. I don't think anyone does imagine it. And there are many many more stories like this.

They are not sure why the rate of infection and death from the young went from 7% to 27% in past month or so.

They don't know if it is the variant which is prominent down there (Brazilian) and or youth being more active in socializing with less precautions or maybe both.

We have all variants here and it is hoped that the more are vaccinated, the less these variants will have a chance to spread and mutate further.

And I don't think anyone who had to close their restaurant or business  was doing it to protect the more vulnerable.

They were mandated to close and we all know that. Or when not mandated, they did it to protect themselves and customers too for those that could make that decision. It wasn't as some would like to say, an altruistic sacrifice for all the vulnerable.

The main victims here are the ones down under in a coffin or ashes, and their families and friends.

Everyone else is doing the best they can.

It is attitudes found on here of why we as a nation are where we are in terms of illness, dying, restrictions, bankruptcy, school closings etc etc. So we'll just have to see how long this keeps on lasting and lasting and lasting! 

Could we just wait a few more months to go all out so we don't have to repeat March 2020 to now all over again?! Especially because every scientific reasonable person has recommended NOT opening everything up yet.

I do know this will not affect or convince anyone of anything other than what they believe already as I don't think any of these threads or opinions will change any of our minds. Maybe it just makes us feel better to say what we think.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Ladygray 

This morning on the local AZ news, Safeway stated that they will continue to enforce the mask requirements. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe if it was just me or me and a spouse I had to look out for, I might feel more comfortable in doing more things.

I can't imagine people doing that who are living with or near, and /or taking care of others in the family. 

And the family who are first responders do everything they can to

sterilize, taking clothes off at door, etc.  So many ways to remain safer.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I agree with opening everything 100%. I have been working since May. The people who have collected unemployment (most since March 2020),are worried that now they will have to work.

Most of them have minor kids and they stay home with them, because they say that they can't find childcare.

Tons were fired or quit,or pretended to be gig workers and they still get paid every week.

Some need the unemployment because they are high risk or they have family members who can't be exposed.

Not to mention over 65 billions collected by criminals from other countries who filed using stolen social security numbers.

I have been vaccinated,but no one knows how long that will protect or of it works against the new variances.

The masks work only if everyone wears them. In Italy they are having another lockdown because they are having more cases due to the English variance. My best friend there is at the hospital with oxygen. Over there there has been a 400 fee for not wearing a mask or not following the lockdown rules since March 2020.

I will continue wearing a mask.

Honored Contributor

Texas' first Independence Day was March 2, 1836 from Mexico.  Our second Independence Day was March 10, 2021 from Covid-19 restrictions. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I don't know what the hurry is.

I probably saw more people in the past year that I ever saw but it was outside in the yard dropping off or picking up something elsewhere.

I haven't been able to get my shot yet but I will eventually when it dies down a bit. I'm not traveling that far to find one.

It's not that hard to wear a mask at the store or Dr's office. I don't wear one out in the yard and stay 6 ft away.

I know people have to work & I feel bad for them but for me it has not been that bad. I would rather be alive.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Texas' first Independence Day was March 2, 1836 from Mexico.  Our second Independence Day was March 10, 2021 from Covid-19 restrictions. 

@beckyb1012 

Howdy, neighbor! Heart

Greetings from locked down New Mexico.  We just had our one-year lockdown anniversary on the 20th.

I don't understand why we can't support those who are opening up instead of condemning them and hoping for negative outcomes.

You would think that those who support the "science" would support more data.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I don't know what the hurry is.

I probably saw more people in the past year that I ever saw but it was outside in the yard dropping off or picking up something elsewhere.

I haven't been able to get my shot yet but I will eventually when it dies down a bit. I'm not traveling that far to find one.

It's not that hard to wear a mask at the store or Dr's office. I don't wear one out in the yard and stay 6 ft away.

I know people have to work & I feel bad for them but for me it has not been that bad. I would rather be alive.

@luvmyteddy4   You obviously do not own a business as DH and I do and others on these forums do....You can always stay home, wear a mask and wait for every single person on the earth to have immunity.