Trusted Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

@Meowingkitty I don't know where in AZ you live but I live in Phoenix and this is just a stupid stupid thing to do- I know a lot of people are getting vaccines but the virus lives on and will continue to live on- as you know we are always open to outsiders from other states that really don't have any respect for us residents even if there was no virus- I will be totally vaccinated in 3 weeks but I intend to wear a mask for quite awhile and avoid close contacts, I call that being smart- it has been no picnic these past months but I am not willing to trade my life for stupidity- I don't see traveling on the horizon an option right now, so enjoy being maskless I hope it works for you- its so nice to know our governor is just stupid course he has been all through this whole thing- good luck

I live in the west valley and we have been going out to eat in restaurants INSIDE since the day we could. We never stopped going to zoos, movies, shopping, wineries, home shows etc. I can't wait for the day I never have to wear a mask or for that matter even carry one with me. If a store does not say I have to wear a mask I will not wear a mask. Our governor treats us as adults and lets us do what is right for each individual. If you want to wear a mask, go ahead. 

It is people like you that are going to endanger us all. Our governor has bad judgement which you just proved with your post.Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Me too, @suzyQ3 .  Thank you.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I won't be travelling to see my relatives in Goodyear anytime soon.  They've been vaccinated; I have not.  (I'm on the east coast, and I am not yet eligible in my state.)

My elderly Mom was extremely sick with Covid.  I didn't think she would make it.  She lives in an active adult community and they play card games in each other's home.  They did not always wear masks.  Now I guess they will not, again.

@Sweetbay magnolia, I'm glad your mom got throught it.

I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope she is cautious from here on out. My Mother is 98 and in assisted living and they are being very caucious. I have not seen her for over a year, but she is still alive and well.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I won't be travelling to see my relatives in Goodyear anytime soon.  They've been vaccinated; I have not.  (I'm on the east coast, and I am not yet eligible in my state.)

My elderly Mom was extremely sick with Covid.  I didn't think she would make it.  She lives in an active adult community and they play card games in each other's home.  They did not always wear masks.  Now I guess they will not, again.

@Sweetbay magnolia, I'm glad your mom got throught it.

I am sorry to hear about your Mother. I hope she is cautious from here on out. My Mother is 98 and in assisted living and they are being very caucious. I have not seen her for over a year, but she is still alive and well.Smiley Happy

@Sweetbay magnolia 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I'm truly glad you are pleased by this. I'm also glad I don't live there--I'd have to stay home all the time instead of being partially able to be out safely. Please consider others and don't travel to states that are still exercising prudent avoidance.

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

Please consider others and don't travel to states that are still exercising prudent avoidance.

Spring break is not over yet.  Wait till the news hits Miami if it hasn't already.  All the spring breakers will be "happy dancing" to Arizona. icon_coffee.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@Meowingkitty I don't know where in AZ you live but I live in Phoenix and this is just a stupid stupid thing to do- I know a lot of people are getting vaccines but the virus lives on and will continue to live on- as you know we are always open to outsiders from other states that really don't have any respect for us residents even if there was no virus- I will be totally vaccinated in 3 weeks but I intend to wear a mask for quite awhile and avoid close contacts, I call that being smart- it has been no picnic these past months but I am not willing to trade my life for stupidity- I don't see traveling on the horizon an option right now, so enjoy being maskless I hope it works for you- its so nice to know our governor is just stupid course he has been all through this whole thing- good luck

I live in AZ too and am so upset that this occurred just one day after opening up vaccines to anyone 16 years of age or older.  Why the gov couldn't have waited a few more weeks at least is beyond logic.  He doesn't want to listen to medical experts.  I will continue to wear my mask.  Awaiting my 2nd vaccine in April.   Even after that, I'm still wearing a mask.

I did hear on the news tonight that supermarkets Bashas and Fry's in our area still require masks.   Thank goodness for that.   Safeway however doesn't require masks anymore. 

Stay safe. 

Super Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

I live in Tempe, AZ and agree with you completely. We need a new governor with better sense.:Smiley Sad

Without a Doubt!!   He should go back to making ice cream.

Super Contributor

@arizona babe I'm sorry you can't respect other peoples' opinion.  I find it increasingly difficult on these forums to have a differnt point of view.  I live in Phoenix and am very happy with our governors decision.  It's time.

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@arizona babe wrote:

I live in the west valley and we have been going out to eat in restaurants INSIDE since the day we could. We never stopped going to zoos, movies, shopping, wineries, home shows etc. I can't wait for the day I never have to wear a mask or for that matter even carry one with me. If a store does not say I have to wear a mask I will not wear a mask. Our governor treats us as adults and lets us do what is right for each individual. If you want to wear a mask, go ahead. 

It is people like you that are going to endanger us all. Our governor has bad judgement which you just proved with your post.Smiley Sad

You can make decisions for yourself, get vaccinated, wear a mask, wash you hands, keep your distance or stay at home.  That is what will keep YOU safe.  Trying to control others for your peace of mind is selfish.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.