Esteemed Contributor

Re: Arizona lifts all restrictions (happy dance)

@Meowingkitty wrote:

49B96106-0923-4828-93E5-2413FDFC18DA.jpeg

Well, good luck with that.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Just because they lifted restrictions doesn't mean it is safe to go out and play.

Still need to keep away from unvaccinated and/or unmasked.  So no real change here until a whole lot more are vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@bargainsgirl   We cannot live under a rock for ever.  Retail and restaurants are still suffering under state government guidelines.

@Mom2Dogs  I'd rather "live under a rock" than be "dead" 6 feet under.

As for retail & restaurants, what is going to happen if the staff & owners get sick or die from COVID?

@Mz iMac @Mom2Dogs, I am fully vaccinated. Neither before nor after the shots did I feel as if a rock was on top of me. That would be awful. I just took and still take the advice of experts.

@suzyQ3 ...See you can make your own decision and I can make my own decision...everyone is happy...and you know he keeps chaging his mind on where the goal post is.

@Mom2Dogs, whoever "he" is, I think we all change our minds on where the goal post is, It's part and parcel of a crisis like this one.

Main thing, keep safe!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Just because restrictions are lifted doesn't mean some places won't still ask you to wear masks.

Esteemed Contributor

I won't be travelling to see my relatives in Goodyear anytime soon.  They've been vaccinated; I have not.  (I'm on the east coast, and I am not yet eligible in my state.)

My elderly Mom was extremely sick with Covid.  I didn't think she would make it.  She lives in an active adult community and they play card games in each other's home.  They did not always wear masks.  Now I guess they will not, again.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

49B96106-0923-4828-93E5-2413FDFC18DA.jpeg

This is not good news. WE ARE NOT READY!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4   That is true, everyone comes ungulued when the governor lifts restrictions..

but I can tell you when my governor lifts the mandate on masks and the stores I frequent still make me wear a mask, I will shop elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Last time states lifted restrictions early...it didn't work out so well...

Glad I live in a state that uses more sensible guidelines.  We need to get rid of this virus but it won't happen if people keep spreading it around.  Yes , people.  It does not spread by itself!   Wearing a mask and social distancing is not really all that hard to do.  Tough up!!

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Last time states lifted restrictions early...it didn't work out so well...

Glad I live in a state that uses more sensible guidelines.  We need to get rid of this virus but it won't happen if people keep spreading it around.  Yes , people.  It does not spread by itself!   Wearing a mask and social distancing is not really all that hard to do.  Tough

I live in Arizona and I totally agree with you. This is not the first time our governor has made a foolish decision.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I won't be travelling to see my relatives in Goodyear anytime soon.  They've been vaccinated; I have not.  (I'm on the east coast, and I am not yet eligible in my state.)

My elderly Mom was extremely sick with Covid.  I didn't think she would make it.  She lives in an active adult community and they play card games in each other's home.  They did not always wear masks.  Now I guess they will not, again.

@Sweetbay magnolia, I'm glad your mom got throught it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@Meowingkitty I don't know where in AZ you live but I live in Phoenix and this is just a stupid stupid thing to do- I know a lot of people are getting vaccines but the virus lives on and will continue to live on- as you know we are always open to outsiders from other states that really don't have any respect for us residents even if there was no virus- I will be totally vaccinated in 3 weeks but I intend to wear a mask for quite awhile and avoid close contacts, I call that being smart- it has been no picnic these past months but I am not willing to trade my life for stupidity- I don't see traveling on the horizon an option right now, so enjoy being maskless I hope it works for you- its so nice to know our governor is just stupid course he has been all through this whole thing- good luck

I live in Tempe, AZ and agree with you completely. We need a new governor with better sense.:Smiley Sad